We calculate the cost of your accommodation over the full period of a semester or year. The fees listed are for self-catered rooms, per week and include internet and power.
Fees for accommodation (2021)
Applications for accommodation 2021 open on 1 October 2020. We'll issue our first round of accommodation offers around mid to late October 2020.
City Campus accommodation (Wellesley Student Apartments)
- Small room: NZ$ 275 per week
- 40 weeks (full year): $11,000
- 19 weeks (one semester): $5,225
- Standard room: NZ$ 299 per week
- 40 weeks (full year): $11,960
- 19 weeks (one semester): $5,681
- Large room: NZ$ 317 per week
- 40 weeks (full year): $12,680
- 19 weeks (one semester): $6,023
Summer fees (14 November to 6 February): standard room, NZ$ 299 per week (AUT student) + NZ$ 60 Residential Life fee / NZ$ 50 per person, per night (group bookings)
City Campus accommodation information
North Campus accommodation (Akoranga Student Village)
- Standard room: NZ$ 289 per week
- 40 weeks (full year): $11,560
- 19 weeks (one semester): $5,491
Summer fees (14 November to 6 February): standard room, NZ$ 282 per week (AUT student) + NZ$ 60 Residential Life fee / NZ$ 50 per person, per night (group bookings)
Car parking: NZ$ 340 (optional, per semester).
North Campus accommodation information
These other fees apply and are non-refundable:
- Application fee: NZ$ 150 (non-refundable)
- Residential Life programme fee: NZ$ 120 (per semester - used to run our Res Life events programme)
- Instalment fee: NZ$ 250 (per semester, if you choose to pay by instalment)
- Semester Only fee (applies if you book for one semester only): Equivalent to one week's rent, not included in the 19 weeks' board payment
You'll find full details about payment options in the application process.
When you pay by instalment there is an extra fee of $250 each semester.
- 6 weeks board fees + Residential Life fee + Instalment payment plan fee
This is calculated when you return your Offer of Accommodation, and you need to pay it to secure your room. It covers the last weeks of your accommodation contract.
You must pay your total accommodation fees by the end of your payment date.
- 2020/2021 Summer: 14 November to 6 February (12 weeks)
- Semester 1: 13 February 2021 to 26 June 2021 (19 weeks)
- Semester 2: 10 July 2021 to 20 November 2021 (19 weeks)
- Full year: 13 February 2021 to 20 November 2021 (40 weeks)