Our Study Abroad programme offers an incredible opportunity to study in New Zealand. Find out about programme entry requirements, study costs and start dates.
Entry requirements: getting into the AUT Study Abroad programme
You need to meet some requirements before you apply for the Study Abroad programme. You must have:
- Completed at least one year of full-time study at a recognised university (or two years for the study-internship option)
- A better than average academic record, especially in your most recent year of study (or have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the study-internship option)
- English language: an IELTS (Academic) score of 6 with all bands 5.5 or higher (you must meet this requirement if English is not your first language)
Complete the online form to apply for the Study Abroad programme. To choose the Study Abroad option in the form, you need to:
- In the “My programmes” page, choose “Certificates and diplomas” as the study level
- Then hit the "Show results" button
- Choose the “Certificate of Proficiency” option, and then:
- Choose the “Study Abroad” pathway
- Choose your intake (by semester dates)
- Choose "Full time" as the study method
- Continue completing the form
Applying for the study-internship option?
If you want to do the study-internship or rugby programme study option, contact the Study Abroad team for details on how to apply.
Make sure you apply by:
- 30 November each year (to start in February/Semester 1)
- 30 April each year (to start in July/Semester 2)
Fees per semester for 2020
These prices are in New Zealand dollars.
- Tuition fee for Study Abroad: NZ$12,500 per semester
- Enrolment fee: NZ$150
- Learner services levy: NZ$418 per semester
- Compulsory insurance premium: NZ$310 per semester
- Placement fee (internship option only): NZ$1,000
There are different ways you can pay your fees. Find out more on our payment options page.
Payment options for international students