Our Study Abroad programme offers an incredible opportunity to study in New Zealand. Find out about programme entry requirements, study costs and start dates.
Entry requirements: getting into the AUT Study Abroad programme
You need to meet some requirements before you apply for the Study Abroad programme. You must have:
- Completed at least one year of full-time study at a recognised university (or two years for the study-internship option)
- A better than average academic record, especially in your most recent year of study (or have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the study-internship option)
- English language requirements (you must meet this requirement if English is not your first language):
- An IELTS (Academic) score of 6 overall with all bands 5.5 or higher for undergraduate programmes
- An IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 overall with all bands 6.0 or higher for postgraduate programmes
- Note that some specialised study programmes may have a higher English language requirement
Complete the online form to apply for the Study Abroad programme. To choose the Study Abroad option in the form, you need to:
- In the “My programmes” page, choose “Certificates and diplomas” as the study level
- Then hit the "Show results" button
- Choose the “Certificate of Proficiency” option, and then:
- Choose the “Study Abroad” pathway
- Choose your intake (by semester dates)
- Choose "Full time" as the study method
- Continue completing the form
Applying for the study-internship option?
If you want to do the study-internship option, contact the Study Abroad team for details on how to apply.
Make sure you apply by:
- 30 November each year (to start in February/Semester 1)
- 30 April each year (to start in July/Semester 2)
Fees per semester for 2020
These prices are in New Zealand dollars.
- Tuition fee for Study Abroad: NZ$12,500 per semester (for AUT 60 points)
- Enrolment fee: NZ$150
- Learner services levy: NZ$418 per semester
- Compulsory insurance premium: NZ$310 per semester
- Placement fee (study-internship option only): NZ$1,000
There are different ways you can pay your fees. Find out more on our payment options page.
Payment options for international students