Broaden your worldview with the one-year Diploma in Arts, and gain knowledge and skills in a specific arts-related discipline.
You can study degree-level courses from a wide range of subjects – from event management and social sciences to Japanese and psychology.
When you successfully complete the Diploma in Arts, you can cross-credit your courses and transfer to a relevant bachelor’s degree. This programme is also suitable for students who have narrowly missed UE* and want to continue into the Bachelor of Arts or other bachelor’s degrees.
* 1 year full-time only starting in February. Part-time not available for students who have narrowly missed UE.
Start date: 2022
You develop interpersonal, communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills while studying courses in a subject or subjects of your choice.
We help you identify what courses match your interests and will help you achieve your career goals.
You can study degree courses in the following subject areas:
1. Students who have narrowly missed UE will be enrolled in a prescribed full-year programme of study. Subject choice at the South Campus is limited.
2. Communication design courses: Only offered at the AUT South Campus.
3. Culinary arts courses: The practical side of the culinary arts courses involves using commercial kitchen tools and equipment and requires you to demonstrate a level of skill that doesn’t compromise any health and safety standards for yourself and others. Skills needed for culinary arts courses
4. Communication studies: only the full-year intake is available.
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.