Criteria - The Accelerator
The Accelerator: Create a presentation that explains the viability, feasibility and desirability of your business idea.
We’ve created a template to help you pull all that info together. This template is a guide to illustrate how we think it should be formatted (ie one page per question) and what information is required. You don’t have to use it. The design is up to you - be as creative as you like.
We’re also doing workshops that cover each of the submission questions - click here for more details.
Please send your document entry in as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the updated entry template here
Page 1: Title Page
- Name of all team members clearly stated with Student ID, email and contact number of one team member who will be the main contact
- Name of idea+
Page 2: Problem ( 300-500 words max)
- What is the problem you are trying to solve?
- How many people are affected by this problem?
- Why hasn’t this been solved already?
Show us you understand the problem!
Page 3: Customer ( 300-500 words max)
- Who is your customer and target market?
- Who are the early adopters?
- What demographic or behavioural data have you collected?
- Have you spoken to customers or conducted customer interviews?
Tell us about the insights you have gained.
Page 4: Solution ( 300-500 words max)
- What is your product?
- Is it a service, digital, social enterprise or physical product?
Tell us about the features of this product and explain why your solution solve the problem area you have identified for your customer.
Page 5: Advantage ( 300-500 words max)
- What makes your idea unique?
- What are the benefits for your customers?
- What makes you the right person to start this idea?
Explain your unique advantage and why your idea will change the world!
Page 6: Market Analysis (300-500 words max)
- How big is the market you are trying to address?
- How big is the problem?
Show us that you understand the market you are trying to get into.
Page 7: Competition (300-500 words max)
- Who are your competitors?
- What alternatives are your customers currently using to solve this problem?
Page 8: Team (100 words per member max)
- Who else is on your team?
- Who is advising you?
- What are their strengths and experiences?
Show us why you are the right team to take this idea further.
Page 9: Distribution/ Go to market Plan (300 - 500 words max)
- How is the product/service getting to customers?
- Are you selling direct or through a distributor or retail channel?
- What is your strategy of launching your product/service?
- How would you use the prize money if you were to win?
Page 10: Milestones/ Traction ( 100-300 words max ).
- What milestones have you achieved so far?
- What sort of traction have you had with your idea?
Last updated: 19-Dec-2017 1.46pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.