At AUT all domestic and international students based in New Zealand can get free, confidential counselling sessions and mental health support.
Counsellors and mental health advisors are based across our campuses.
Topics you can talk about
At these sessions you can talk about any topics – study-related or personal, like:
- Difficulty with strong moods (like depression, anxiety, stress, loss, and grief)
- Behaviours that cause problems (like addictions, irregular eating or sleeping)
- Concerns about personal safety
- Life events that impact on your wellbeing
Urgent help in a mental health crisis
If you need help in a mental health crisis you should call:
- Community Mental Health Urgent Response team: 0800 800 717
- In an emergency, you should call 111
For support outside regular hours you can call: