DIGMYIDEA Te Kōrau is a Māori Tech business programme brought to you by DIGMYIDEA and AUT CO.STARTERS.
It will help you develop and fine-tune your digital business idea, critically examine every part of your idea and determine the next steps. It will also integrate real feedback from potential customers, mentors, experts and the community.
When and where
DIGMYIDEA Te Kōrau will run over two intensive weekend wānanga at the AUT South Campus in Manukau.
Google map: AUT South Campus
- 29 Sep (8am to 9pm) and 30 Sep (8am to 4.30pm): Modules 1 to 5
- 27 Oct (8am to 10pm) and 28 Oct (8am to 4.30pm): Modules 6 to 9 and showcase
- Plus some online meeting calls before and in between wānanga
Te utu: Programme costs
We are asking for some koha of $200 per participant to cover kai over the two wānanga. The programme value is over $1000 per participant and is made possible through generous contributions from DIGMYIDEA, AUT and TPK.
- Module 1: Knowing yourself - assumptions, working styles, team building, obstacles
- Module 2: Knowing your customer - problem, solution, benefit, competition, advantage, customer
- Module 3: Getting the relationship right - marketing and message; getting, keeping and growing customers
- Module 4: Building the model to scale - starting small, distribution, revenue, typical sale, price
- Module 5: Business structures and legal considerations - registering a business, licenses and permits, IP, hiring
- Module 6: Discovering your bottom line – startup and ongoing needs, fixed and variable costs, break-event point
- Module 7: Accounting for growth - break-even point, sales projections, cash flow, accounting
- Module 8: Planning for the future - raising capital, growth plans, goal setting, pitch prep
- Module 9: Showcase/celebration night - sharing your story and pitching
- Additional sessions on Treaty of Waitangi and digital business models
The CO.STARTERS Canvas helps you understand, test and refine your business ideas.