Te Kōrau CO.STARTERS will help you develop and fine-tune your ideas, critically examine every part of your idea and determine the next steps. It will also integrate real feedback from potential customers, mentors, experts and the community.
When and where
The pilot Te Kōrau programme will run over two intensive wānanga at Awataha Marae, Northcote so you can live and breath Māori entrepreneurship.
- 23 to 25 February: Modules 1 to 4
- 16 to 18 March: Modules 5 to 8
- 7 April: Showcase
- Module 1: Knowing yourself - assumptions, working styles, team building, obstacles
- Module 2: Knowing your customer - problem, solution, benefit, competition, advantage, customer
- Module 3: Getting the relationship right - marketing and message; getting, keeping and growing customers
- Module 4: Building the model to scale - starting small, distribution, revenue, typical sale, price
- Module 5: Business structures and legal considerations - registering a business, licenses and permits, IP, hiring
- Module 6: Discovering your bottom line – startup and ongoing needs, fixed and variable costs, break-event point
- Module 7: Accounting for growth - break-even point, sales projections, cash flow, accounting
- Module 8: Planning for the future - raising capital, growth plans, goal setting, pitch prep
- Module 9: Showcase/celebration night - sharing your story and pitching
The CO.STARTERS Canvas helps you understand, test and refine your business ideas.