Senior Lecturer Career Development
Phone: 921 9999 ext 8191
Room AR408, School of Education, AUT North Shore Campus
90 Akoranga Drive, Northcote, Auckland 0627.
School of Education, AUT North Shore Campus
Private Bag 92006, Auckland 1142.
- Masters in Social Science (Career Education) (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology).
- Graduate Certificate in Career Counselling (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology)
- Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Education (Auckland Institute of technology)
- Certificate of Proficiency in Clinical Chemistry (NZ Medical Technologists Board)
- NZ Certificate in Science (Paramedical) ( Auckland Technical Institute).
Memberships and Affiliations:
I re-joined Auckland University of Technology in 1997, teaching and developing curriculum on the Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Career Development. From 2004 while working for AUT, I concurrently had my own career consultancy offering supervision, career counselling, training and writing expert opinions for court.
In 2008 I took a position setting up student career development and training career practitioners at a new polytechnic in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
In 2012 I once again I re-joined Auckland University of Technology's Graduate Diploma in Career Development teaching team.
- Career theory
- Careers in organisations
- Career education benchmarks
- Supervised practice.
- Integrated career education
- Career-informed curriculum
- Relevance of western career theory to other cultures
- Career development and identity.
Current Research Projects:
- Implementing employability skills into the curriculum in a Middle Eastern context
- Integrating career education benchmarks.
Presenting at CDANZ National Symposium, Auckland 17 November 2014.