Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 7308
Department of Physiotherapy, A-11
School of Clinical Sciences
Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences
AUT University, Private Bag 92006,
Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Before working at AUT, Jenny worked in neurological physiotherapy in New Zealand and overseas and in positions that had a community focus, including managing community physiotherapy services for the Auckland region.
Since completing a Master of Public Health at New South Wales University in the 1990s, her interests have broadened to include population health and the contribution of physiotherapists to managing the health priorities of the twenty-first century.
Jenny teaches across all years in the undergraduate programme and also contributes to postgraduate programmes at AUT. She has held a variety of leadership roles within the Physiotherapy Department including staff representative on Te Rau Komiti and Programme Leader. She has presented her research nationally and internationally.
- Health concepts
- Primary Health Care and health promotion for physiotherapy practice
- Neurological physiotherapy assessment and treatment approaches and techniques
- Applying population health
- Primary Health Care and health promotion principles to clinical practice
- The social context of disability and healthcare practice
- Exercise in neurological physiotherapy