- Programme Leader, Early Childhood Education, AUT (2019 - ongoing)
- Master’s of Education, Charles Sturt University
I am researching the impact of language learning on young children.
I am currently involved in a research project about the value of reading for pleasure in children and young people.
I am working with communities and schools in this regard
As an early childhood specialist I am researching the impact of policy changes and increased privatisation on the sector
History of Education in Aotearoa/New Zealand
Partnerships with parents and whānau
Fields of research:
- Early Childhood Education (Excl. Maori)
- Te Whariki (Maori Early Childhood Education)
- English and Literacy Curriculum and Pedagogy (Excl. Lote, Esl and Tesol)
- History and Philosophy of Education
Harrington, C. (2020). [Book review Gunn, A. C., & Nuttall, J. (Eds): Weaving Te Whāriki, Aotearoa New Zealand’s early childhood curriculum in theory and practice, 3rd ed.]. In New Zealand Journal of Educational Studies (Vol. 55, pp. 271-273). Springer Science and Business Media LLC. doi:10.1007/s40841-020-00161-5