Phone: +64 9 921 9999 – ext: 5097
- PhD Candidate in Computer Science, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- 2012 – Master of Engineering in Systems Engineering and Computing Sciences, Universidad de Los Andes, Colombia
- 2010 – Bachelor of Engineering in Systems Engineering, Fundacion Universitaria San Martin, Colombia
Memberships and Affiliations:
Diana completed her Bachelors degree in Systems Engineering in 2010, and Masters in Systems Engineering and Computing Sciences in 2012, both in her native country, Colombia. From 2010 to 2016 she worked as a researcher in science and technology for a variety of Colombian government institutions in sectors such as finance, healthcare, justice and science. Diana moved to New Zealand in 2016. Since then she has been working as a research fellow in data science for the Centre of Social Data Analytics, AUT. She is currently pursuing a PhD in Computer Science at The University of Auckland.
- Data Mining and Machine Learning (Tutoring)
- IT in Organisations
- Algorithms and Object-Oriented Programming
- Transactional Systems and Databases
- Machine Learning Fundamentals, Transfer Learning, Classification Techniques
- Data Science Applications
Diana’s research interests span transfer learning, lifelong machine learning and the learning to learn paradigm. She is currently interested in the aspects of interpretability and transparency of machine learning algorithms and their applications.
Current Research Projects:
- A Framework for Long-Term Learning Systems (PhD Research Project), The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Allegheny Family Screening Tool, Centre for Social Data Analytics, AUT