SPRINZ Research Associate Strength and Conditioning
Phone: 021 638 466
17 Antares Place
Private Bag 92006
- Philosophical Doctorate
- Master of Philosophy
- Master of Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry Level 1
- USA Weightlifting Level 1 Sports Performance Coach
Memberships and Affiliations:
- North Sport Olympic Weightlifting - President
- 3D Muscle Journey LLC - Co-founder and Coach
- Monthly Applications in Strength Sport LLC - Co-founder and Contributor
- FitGenie LLC Co-founder and Chief Advisor
- National Strength and Conditioning Association – member
- USA Weightlifting - member
- NZ Powerlifting Federation - member
Eric has been a trainer and nutrition coach since the early 2000’s, working in the military, studio, gyms, medical and S&C sectors. Currently, he coaches a handful of drug free strength and physique athletes through 3D Muscle Journey LLC which he co-founded in 2009. Eric spends most of his time producing video and written content on nutrition, resistance training, and coaching psychology specifically for the drug-free lifting community.
He is the co-founder of and regular contributor to the Monthly Applications in Strength Sport research review and he is the author of the Muscle & Strength Nutrition and Training Pyramids books. Additionally, he is an active researcher in the areas of maximum strength development, fat loss, hypertrophy and competitive physique and strength sport.
He acts as an educator not only as a SPRINZ research associate, but also as a content creator for the SBS Academy and the Holistic Performance Institute
- Strength and Conditioning
- Sports Nutrition
- Maximum strength development
- fat loss
- hypertrophy and competitive physique and strength sport.
Current Research Projects:
Eric has two ongoing current primary research branches:
- the manipulation of protein and macronutrients to optimize body composition and performance in strength and physique athletes
- methods of autoregulating resistance training performance to enhance maximum strength and hypertrophy.