Programme Leader - Event Management
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 6550
School of Hospitality and Tourism
Wellesley and Mayoral Drive
AUT City Campus.
School of Hospitality and Tourism
Private Bag 92006 B36
- PhD, Music — University of Otago
- Masters of Creative and Performing Arts (Hons) — The University of Auckland
- Certificate of Tertiary Teaching — AUT University.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Postgraduate Supervision Tourism and Events (MA/PhD)
- BA Event Management Programme
- Paper Co-ordinator Event Production
- Paper Co-ordinator Co-operative Education in Event Management
- Contemporary Issues in Event Management
- Event Planning.
Alison Booth is a specialist in ethnography, festivalisation, social sustainability cultural representation of diasporic communities, event management theory and event production practices.
Her PhD, Performance Networks: Indian Cultural production in Aotearoa, explores the processes and relationships that support the production of cultural events, with specific reference to events that are of interest to and/or produced by New Zealand's Indian communities. Alison holds a Masters in Creative and Performing Arts with honours from the University of Auckland specialising in Arts Management with a primary world music production focus.
Alison is a performer as well as an event producer. She has been involved in numerous event collaborations across the event industry including conferences, concerts, and national tours.
She worked as a promotion coordinator for several years at the University of Auckland holding a variety of roles including producing small performance events. This includes within the Indian community as well as large public events for the Knowledge Wave Conference, concert collaboration with Auckland Council, community workshops with WOMAD and cultural festivals, international events for the New Zealand Asia Institute and exhibitions and performances with the Auckland Museum. https://aut.academia.edu/AlisonBooth
- Programme Leader - Bachelor of Arts, Diploma and Certificate in Event Management
- BA (Event Management) Paper Co-ordinator and Primary Lecturer
- Academic Supervisor MA and PhD (Tourism and Events)
- Paper Coordinator and Academic Mentor/Supervior Work Integrated Leaning BA Event Management
- Faculty of Culture & Society Scholarship Committee School of Hospitality and Tourism Representative
- 2017-present Te Uru Gallery Governance Board
- 2016-present Associate Director of the New Zealand Indian Research Institute
- 2016- present Programme Leader – BA, Diploma and Certificate in Event Management,
Paper Co-ordinator and Primary Lecturer, Supervisor MA and PhD, ,
- 2016- present School of Hospitality and Tourism Representative on Faculty of Culture and Society Scholarship Committee
- 2015-2018 School of Hospitality and Tourism Industry Liaison (Events)
- 2012-2016 School of Hospitality and Tourism Representative Exam Board and Board of Studies
- 2017 Highly Commended Emerging Researcher Award by AUT’s Faculty of Culture and Society
- 2017 Highly Commended Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence
- 2014 IndianMusicological Society (Mumbai) Dr. Premlata Sharma Award for Promising Musicologist,
- 2014 AUSM Awesome Teacher Award
Current Research Projects:
- 2016 (ongoing) Family Festival Engagement and Quality of Life Project with the University of Hertfordshire, UK and Rotorua Lakes Council
- 2016 (ongoing) Postgraduate Supervision