Professor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Director of the Sensor Network and Smart Environment (SeNSe) research laboratory
Phone: +64 9 921 9836
Office location: WU316
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 92006
- BSc (University of Baghdad/ Iraq) 1969;
- MSc (University of Salford/UK) 1971,
- PhD (UMIST/ UK) 1975
Memberships and Affiliations:
- IEEE Member
- Member of NZ Plant Lab (2008- to date)
- Contribute to number of local and international workshops and conferences as a steering committee member, TPC member and or general chair.
- Member of APCC ASC group (2010 – to date)
- Member of AUT TechParc Advisory Board (Jan 2007- Dec 2012)
- Member of Hawker Energy R&D Directors (1999- 2002)
- Chair the “Scientific Wireless Sensor Network Testbeds: Federation & Impact on NGN” Business Forum, IEEE ICC 2011, Kyoto, JapanCo-Chair the “Human/Prosthetic Limb Interface”, IEEE ICARA 2011, Wellington, NZ
Adnan Al-Anbuky http://sense.aut.ac.nz/SeNSe_Lab/adnan.php
received his BSc, MSc and PhD degrees from the University of Baghdad/1969, University of Salford/1971 and UMIST/ 1975 respectively. During 1975 to 1995 he assumed number of academic positions in both Baghdad University of Technology and Yarmouk University of Jordan, including being the Dean of Hajjawi College of engineering at the University of Yarmouk. Professor Al-Anbuky joined Swichtec/ New Zealand on 1996 and started establishing an industrial research unit driving toward increasing the level of automation within the telecommunication power systems service industry.
Late 2005 he joined AUT as a professor and head of electrical and electronics engineering department. The establishment of the SeNSe research centre in mid-2006 has led to a number of projects that benefited both the local and international communities. Recently, the involvement in projects like public space ambient intelligence PSAmI and traceability of food condition during logistics have encouraged the contribution towards the concept of the smart cities. They both involve federated sensor networks, Internet of things IoT and big data management.
Adnan is a member of the editorial board for number of international journals and scientific groups. He is actively contributing to the organization or operation of numerous local and international events and conferences. He has more than 100 conference and journal peer reviewed publications including 10 granted patents. He has delivered good number of keynote and invited talks locally and internationally.
- Wireless Sensor Network 739001
- Intelligent Systems 738019 and 739000
- Engineering Research Methodology 709011
The current research focus is on IoT based wireless sensor network with an emphasis on network virtualization, management, and intelligent control. Near-optimum or optimum sensor network performance in capturing the dynamic events of a physical phenomenon is the ultimate objective here. Application areas within smart cities like public space intelligence, mobile objects coordination, and prolonging elderlies stay at home are some of the domain applications that he is currently attending. Some of the related scientific areas of interest are:
- IoT based wireless sensor network functions virtualization WSNFV
- Cloud-based wireless sensor network intelligence
- IoT-Based Wireless sensor network dynamic orchestration
- Wireless sensor network softwaization WSNS