Associate Professor of Computer Science
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 Ext 5107
Email: wyan [at] aut.ac.nz
AUT Tower, WT1.07B
No. 2-14 Wakefield Street, Auckland
Department of Computer Science
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 92006
Auckland 1142, New Zealand
BSc & MSc(Maths), PhD(CEng), Chinese Academy of Sciences(CAS), 2001
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member, AVSS Steering Committee Since 2018
- Deputy Director, AUT Center for Robotics & Vision (CeRV) Since 2015
- Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics Since 2014
- Guest Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences Since 2013
- Chapter Chair, ACM Multimedia New Zealand Since 2013
- Board Member, AUT KEDRI Since 2012
- Leader, AUT Computing Cybersecurity (CCS) Group Since 2011
Dr. Wei Qi Yan is an associate professor with the Auckland University of Technology (AUT); his expertise is in digital security, surveillance, privacy and forensics; he is leading the Computing Cybersecurity (CCS) Research Group at AUT. Dr. Yan is an Editor-in-Chief (EiC) of the International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics (IJDCF); he was an exchange computer scientist between the Royal Society of New Zealand (RSNZ) and the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China; he is a member of the ACM and a senior member of the IEEE. Dr. Yan is a guest (adjunct) professor with PhD supervision of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- Program Chair, IEEE AVSS 2018
- Chair, IEEE FakeMM'18
- Area Chair, PSIVT 2017
- TPC Chair, ICIE 2017
- Chair, IWDCF 2017
- Area Chair, IEEE VCIP 2016
- Chair, IWDCF 2016
- Visiting Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2016
- Program Chair, IWDCF 2015
- Visiting Professor, National University of Singapore, 2015
- Visiting Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2015
- Chair, International Workshop on Video Surveillance, 2015
- Visiting Professor, University of Auckland, 2014
- General Chair, IWDW 2013
- Exchange Scientist between China and New Zealand, 2013
- PhD in Computer Science
- Master in Computer Science
- Bachelor in Computer Science
- Computing Cybersecurity: Crypto, Forensics, Surveillance and Privacy
- Visual Computing: Graphics, Image and Video, Vision and Multimedia
- Computations: Computational Intelligence, Event Computing, Deep Learning
- Deep Learning and Its Applications
- Advanced Deep Learning
- Deeply Learn Deep Learning
- Ten Talks on Deep Learning
- Secret Sharing
- Currency Security
- Analogy: An AI Approach
- Privacy Preservation of Social Media
- Intelligent Navigation
- Visual Event Computing
- Intelligent Surveillance
- Content-Based Visual Cryptography
- Analytics of Visual Cryptography
- Visual Cryptography and Its Applications
Current Research Projects:
- Deep Learning, CJLU Project, China, 2018.
- A New Design of Augmented Reality for Anatomical Presentation and Education, Multidisciplinary Computational Anatomy, Japan, 2017-2018.
- Homomorphic Encryption-Based Visual Secret Sharing, the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2017-2019.
- Hyperspectral Imaging for Food Safety and Assurance, AgResearch NZ, 2016-2019.
- Computer Vision and Image Technologies, AUT SRIF Project (INTELLECTE/2), 2015-2016.
- Computer Vision and Image Technologies, AUT SRIF Project (INTELLECTE/1), 2014-2015.
- Content-Based Authentication of Visual Cryptography, the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2014-2016.
- Content-Based Visual Cryptography, RSNZ, 2013.
- m-LTE: A Mobile-Based Learning and Teaching Environment, AUT CfLAT Project, 2011-2012.
Supervised Research Students:
Q. Zhang, 2018; C. Xin, 2018; H. Wang, 2018; J. Zhou, 2018; X. Zhang, 2018; Y. Wang, 2018; M. Sun, 2018; Y. Shen, 2018; Z. Liu, 2018; K. Chan, 2018; H. Tran, 2018; R. Le, 2018; Q. Gu, 2017 (CSC PhD); Y. Shu, 2017; L. Qiu, 2017; P. Li, 2017; A. Singh, 2017 (PhD); Y. Ren, 2017; R. Li, 2017; K. Zheng, 2017; D. Shen, 2017; Q. Meng, 2017; X. Hu, 2017 (PhD); B. Bakhsh, 2017; J. Shen, 2017; J. Lu, 2017; L. Zhou, 2017; Y. Zhang, 2017 (Postdoc); Y. Zhu, 2016; J. Wang, 2016; Y. Zhang, 2016; D. Gu, 2016; Y. Tong, 2015; C. Maimbo, 2014; W. Cui, 2014; P. Treum, 2014; G. Wang, 2014; J. Li, 2014; M. Niitsuma (PhD), 2013; R. Chandran, 2013; J. Chambers, 2013; E. Wang, 2012; J. Weir, 2011 (PhD); Y. Jiao, 2010; D. Kieran, 2009.
- M. Niitsuma, Y. Tomita, W. Yan, D. Bell. (2018) Towards musicologist-driven mining of handwritten scores. IEEE Intelligent Systems (ERA *A, IF: 3.53).
- M. Reis, R. Beers, C. Craigie, W. Yan, R. Klette, P. Shorten, M. Al-Sarayreh, W. Saeys. (2018) Chemometrics and hyperspectral imaging applied to assessment of chemical, textural and structural characteristics of meat. Meat Science (IF: 3.55).
- X. Wu, J. Weng, W. Yan. (2018) Adopting secret sharing into reversible data hiding in encrypted images. Elsevier Signal Processing (IF: 3.470). 143: 269-281.
- W. Yan, X. Wu, F. Liu (2018) Progressive Scrambling for Social Media. IJDCF 10(2): 56-73.
- W. Yan. (2017) Introduction to Intelligent Surveillance - Surveillance Data Capture, Transmission, and Analytics, Second Edition. Springer (ISBN 978-3-319-60227-1)
- Others: Google Scholar; DBLP