Phone: +64 9 921 999 extn 6097
Te Ara Poutama,
55 Wellesley Street East,
Auckland Central 1010
Private Bag 92006
BA, MPhil, PhD
Memberships and Affiliations:
Ngāti Kahu ki Whangaroa, Ngāti Kuri, Te Rārawa
Ella henry has a background in Sociology, Māori Studies, Management Studies and Māori Development. Her PhD focused on Māori entrepreneurship in screen production, and her Masters on Māori women and leadership. Dr Henry has been actively involved in the Māori screen industry, serving as Chair of Nga Aho Whakaari, the Association of Māori in Screen Production.
Māori Media, Co-operative Education, Māori Business
Dr. Henry’s research areas are in the fields of Māori development, Māori entrepreneurship, Māori careers, Māori media and screen production
(Last four years)
- Henry, E., Wolfgramm, R. (2015). Relational leadership: an indigenous Māori perspective. Leadership.Sage Publications
- Henry, E. (2015). Te Whare Ako: architecture speaks to heart, mind and spirit. In C. Spiller, R. Wolfgramm (Eds.), Indigenous spiritualities at work: transforming the spirit of business enterprise. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing
- Wolfgramm, R., Henry, E. (2015). Wahine Toa: Māori women leaders in the film and screen industry. In F. Wambaru Ngunjiri, S. Madsen & K. Lomgman (Eds.), Women and Leadership Around thr World. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Wolfgramm, R., Henry, E. (2015). Reconceptualising relational leadership from a Māori cultural perspective. Paper presented at International Labour Association (ILA) 17th Annual Global Conference, Barcelona, Spain, October 14-17.
- Henry, E., Pringle, J., Jones, D., Wolfgramm, R. (2015). Indigenous identity and career construction: Māori in the screen industry. Paper presented in Careers: multi-level issues in theory, methodology and empirical research. European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS) Conference, Athens, Greece, July 2-4.
- Henry, E. (2015). Case study: Grounding of the MV Rena. Indigenous perspectives on the UN Declaration and the PRME, Professional Development Workshop (PDW) at the Academy of Management, Vancouver, Canada, August 7.
- Henry, E., & Spooner, H. (2013). The Brown Book: Māori in screen production, a Case Study in digital education. In 3rd International Mobile Creativity and Mobile Innovation Symposium. AUT, Auckland.
- Henry, E. (2013). Te Whare Ako: architecture speaks to heart, mind and spirit.. In Sustainability Conference. Albany Campus, Auckland.
- Henry, E., Spiller, C., & Wolfgramme, R. (2013). Indigenous spirituality at work: transforming the spirit of business enterprise for sustainable futures. In He Manawa Whenua Indigenous Research Conference. Hamilton, NZ.
- Henry, E., & Wikaire, M. (2013). The Brown Book - Maori in Screen Production. Auckland: Nga Aho Whakaari.
- Henry, E. (2013). Emancipatory Maori Entrepreneurship in Screen Production: Theory and application. In Eigth European Conference on Innvoation and Entrepreneurship Proceedings (pp. 296-302). Brussels, Belgium.
- Henry, E. (2012). Indigenous entrepreneurship in screen production: a Maori case study. Journal of Australian Indigenous Issues, 15(4), 98-101.
- Henry, E. (2012). Wairua Auaha: emancipatory Māori entrepreneurship in screen production. Unpublished PhD thesis-exegesis, Auckland University of Technology, in AUT Scholarly Commons at: http://hdl.handle.net/10292/4085
- Henry, E. (2012). Indigenous Media Aspirations in the Digital Age. Keynote presentation at the First Australians Media National Conference, Australian Indigenous Communications Association, Rydges Hotel, South Brisbane, 22nd October.
- Henry, E. (2011). Toward a theory of indigenous entrepreneurship. Published proceedings from the 6th European Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland, 15-16th September, pp. 930-938.
- Henry, E. (2011). Māori Screen Industry: Cultural identity, cultural enterprise. 3rd International Social Innovation Research Conference. South Bank University, London, 12-13th September.
- Henry, E. (2012). Indigenous entrepreneurship in screen production: a Maori case study.. In 57th World Conference of the International Council for Small Business Summaries of Presentations and Sessions. Wellington. Retrieved from http://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/fms/Colleges/College%20of%20Business/ICSB/Final%20Docs/ICSB%20Summary%20Booklet.pdf
- Henry, E. (2011). Maori & screen production. In 14th Asia Pacific Research in Organisation Studies Conference. Auckland, NZ.
- Henry, E. (2011). Maori screen industry: a case study. In Optimising Maori Economic Development Symposium. Ngā Pae o Te Maramatanga Sympoiusm, Wellington.
- Henry, E. (2011). Māori careers and entrepreneurship in screen production. In 3rd International Social Innovation Research Conference. London, United Kingdom.
- Henry, E. (2011). Toward a theory of indigenous entrepreneurship in screen production. In H. Fulford (Ed.), Toward a theory of indigenous entrepreneurship in screen production (pp. 930-938). Reading, United Kingdom: Academic Publishing Ltd. Retrieved from http://academicconferences.or/2-proceddings.htm