Associate Professor of Marketing
Phone: (64) 9-921-9999 ext. 5605
120 Mayoral Drive, Auckland, WY Building
- PhD (Otago)
- Diploma in Applied Psychology (Occupational) (Massey)
- MSc (Hons) in Psychology (Massey)
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Associate Editor for Australasian Marketing Journal
- Editorial Board Member for: Journal of Travel Research, Tourism Management
- Consumer behaviour, services marketing, quantitative methods, qualitative methods
- Consumer behaviour, services marketing, online behaviour
I am interested in the psychology of the individual consumer, particularly in the context of services and online behaviour.
Current Research Projects:
- Supervising doctoral student research on: consumer trust in blog and vlog content, decision processes for international undergraduate education
- Harkison, T., Hemmington, N., & Hyde, K. (2017). Luxury accommodation – significantly different or just more expensive? Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 1-13.
- Aquino, R., Schanzel, H., & Hyde, K.F. (2017). Unearthing geotourism experiences of volcanic landscape: Geotourist perspectives at Mount Pinatubo, Philippines. Tourist Studies, 18(1), 41-62.
- Huber, D., Milne, S. & Hyde, K. (2016). Biographical research methods and their use in the study of senior tourism. International Journal of Tourism Research (forthcoming).
- Werner, K., Dickson, G., & Hyde, K. (2016). Mega-events and increased collaborative capacity of tourism destinations: The case of the 2011 Rugby World Cup. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management, 5(3), 227-238.
- Xu, Y., Yap, S. F., Hyde, K. (2016). Who is talking, who is listening? Service recovery through online customer-to-customer interactions. Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 34(3), 421-443.
- Werner, K., Dickson, G., & Hyde, K. (2015). The impact of a mega-event on inter-organisational relationships and tie strength: Perceptions from the 2011 Rugby World Cup. Sport Management Review, 18, 421-435.
- Werner, K., Dickson, G., & Hyde, K. (2015). Learning and knowledge transfer processes in a mega-events context: The case of the 2011 Rugby World Cup. Tourism Management, 48, 174-187.
- Werner, K., Dickson, G., & Hyde, K. (2015). Coopetition and knowledge transfer dynamics: New Zealand's regional tourism organisations and the 2011 Rugby World Cup. Event Management, 19, 365-380.
- Lang, B. & Hyde, K.F. (2013). Word of mouth: What we know and what we have yet to learn. Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, 26, 1-18.
- Schwarzenberger, V. & Hyde, K.F. (2013). The role of sports brands in niche sport subcultures. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, 15(1), 40-56.
- Biran, A. & Hyde, K.F. (2013). New perspectives on dark tourism. International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research, 7(3), 191-198.
- Lee, A., Xu, Y., & Hyde, K.F. (2013). Factors influencing investor choice of retirement funds. Journal of Financial Services Marketing, 18(2), 137-151.
- Hyde, K.F. & Harman, S. (2011). Motives for a secular pilgrimage to the Gallipoli battlefields. Tourism Management, 32, 1343-1351.
- Hyde, K.F. & Olesen, K. (2011). Packing for touristic performances. Annals of Tourism Research, 38(3), 900-919.
- Abdul-Ghani, E., Hyde, K.F., & Marshall, R. (2011). Emic and etic interpretations of engagement with a consumer-to-consumer online auction site. Journal of Business Research, 64, 1060-1066.
- Hyde, K.F. & Decrop, A. (2011). New perspectives on vacation decision making. International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research, 5(2), 103-111.
- Top competitive paper, Latin American Association for Consumer Research conference 2015 (with E. Abdul Ghani and R. Marshall)
- Top reviewer awards for the Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (Tourism track 2013, Retailing track 2015)
- Vice Chancellor’s Award for Research Excellence 2015 (with the NZ Tourism Research Institute)