Programme Leader & senior Lecturer, Bachelor of International Tourism Management
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 5832
Office WH419A, Level 4 WH Building
55 Wellesley Street East
Private Bag 92006
Faculty of Applied Humanities
Private Bag 92006
- Master of Philosophy with 1st class honours – AUT University
- Bachelor of Tourism Studies – AUT University
- Certificate in Tertiary Teaching – AUT University
- ATTTO Levels 3 & 4 Travel and Tourism.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member of the New Zealand Institute of Travel and Tourism (NZITT) taanz.org.nz/
Bachelor of International Tourism Management
- Travel Distribution Management
- Product Development
- Work Integrated Learning placements
- Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills
My research interests are diverse, but I am primarily interested in the changing use of ICT in the tourism industry and the perceptions of tourism as a rewarding career.
Current Research Projects:
- Tourism education in New Zealand secondary schools
- The changing face of distribution in the tourism industry underpinned by developments in ICT.
- Andreassen, H., Roberts, M., O'Donnell, D., & O'Neill, S. (2016). Tourism education in New Zealand secondary schools: A teachers' perspective. The Changing Landscape of Tourism and Hospitality: The Impact of Emerging Markets and Emerging Destinations Conference. Scerri, M., & Hui, L.K. (eds.) (pp. 867-873). Sydney, Australia: Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School and CAUTHE. ISBN: 9780987050793.
- Roberts, M., Andreassen, H., O’Donnell, D., O’Neill, S., & Neill, L. (in press). Tourism education in New Zealand secondary schools: The teachers’ perspective. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Education
- Faculty of Business and Law Beta Gamma Sigma membership in recognition of high scholastic achievement 2016
- Faculty of Culture and Society Excellence in teaching Award, 2014