Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 6105
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhysical Address:
422 WH Building, 49 Wellesley St. East 1010
AUT University — City Campus
Auckland 1142, New Zealand
PhD - Hospitality/Tourism Management
Virginia Tech, Pamplin College of Business, Blacksburg, VA, USA
MSc — Hospitality Management
The Ohio State University, College of Education & Human Ecology, Columbus, OH, USA
Associate Director, New Zealand Tourism Research Institute (NZTRI)
International Journal of Hospitality Management (ABDC Journal A* rank)
Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research (ABDC Journal A rank)
Editorial Board Member,
Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research (ABDC Journal B rank)
Cornell Hospitality Quarterly (ABDC Journal A rank)
Employee Relations: The International Journal (ABDC Journal B rank)
Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management (ABDC Journal A rank)
Journal of Service Management (ABDC Journal A rank)
Dr Peter B. Kim is an Associate Professor in the School of Hospitality and Tourism and an Associate Director of the New Zealand Tourism Research Institute at AUT University. He has a variety of hospitality work experiences from the entry-level to managerial-level at various hotel properties such as Park Hyatt, Sofitel, Marriott and Westin.
Peter's research interests include strategic Human Resource Management and Service Marketing/Management in the hospitality and tourism context. He has examined hospitality/tourism organizations' strategic decisions in dealing with their internal customers to ensure quality services which eventually affect business performance (i.e., Strategic Human Resource Management), and dealing with their external customers (i.e., Service Marketing/Management).
Taught at Virginia Tech, USA
Teach at AUT University
· Faculty Research Excellence Award (Individual Award), AUT University, December 2018.
· New Zealand Business Events Award, presented by Hon Steve Joyce, Minister of Economic Development, October 2014.
· Best Paper Award. the 3rd International Research Symposium in Service Management at Beijing, China, July 2012.
· Vice Chancellor's Research Excellence Award (Emerging Researcher), AUT University, December 2011.
· Faculty Research Excellence Award (Emerging Researcher), AUT University, November 2011.
· Best Paper Award (Runner Up). 2nd International Research Symposium in Service Management at Indonesia, July 2011.
· Pamplin Outstanding Doctoral Student Award. Pamplin College of Business, Virginia Tech. April 2010.
· Darden Restaurants Foundation Graduate Prize Endowed Fund - Ph.D. Dissertation Proposal: Predicting Employee Performance: Moving from Attitudinal Measures to the Bottom-line. Pamplin College of Business, Virginia Tech. October 2009.
· Graduate Research Excellence Award (Warren Lloyd Holtzman Seed Grant Fund). Pamplin College of Business, Virginia Tech. March 2009.
· Best Paper Award (Harrah Research Center Outstanding Research Award). 14th Annual Graduate Education & Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality & Tourism at Las Vegas. January 2009.
· Best Paper Award (Nominated). 14th Annual Graduate Education and Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality and Tourism at Las Vegas. January 2009.
· Bob Evans Hospitality Research Award. Restaurant Employee Survey Study. College of Human Ecology, The Ohio State University, April 2004.