Phone: 09 921 9999 ext 7689
North Shore Campus
90 Akoranga Drive
North Shore City
Mail No. A-25
Private Bag 92006
- 2016 PGCertMedTech (Otago University)
- 2014 PhD (Univesiti Teknologi MARA)
- 2004 M.Sc (AL-Mustansiriyah University)
- 1993 M.B.Ch.B (Baghdad University)
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member - The Physiological Society of New Zealand
- Malaysian Medical Council MMC - Full registration
- Member - Malaysian Society Of Phamacology And Physiology
- Member - Malaysian Society Of Neurosciences
- Iraqi Medical Association - Full registration
Dr Hisham graduated from The College of Medicine in 1993 and he started to practice medicine in Hospitals till 2001 when he start to study Neurophysiology and become Neurophysiologist in 2004.
After one year of practicing clinical neurophysiology, Dr Hisham started the teaching journey as Practical Physiology Lecturer.In 2009 he started PhD study and graduate in 2014 and his thesis was about the effect of leptin on blood pressure, endothelial dysfunction markers during pregnancy.
Between 2014-2015 his position was Associate Professor and the Head of Physiology Department in UniSZA /Malaysia. In 2015, Dr Hisham start teaching Medical Sciences in Wellpark College for Natural Therapies then he move to AUT in 2018 as a Lecturer in School of Interprofessional Health Studies.
During this time, he has attended many workshops and conferences and these are some of them:
- Participated in Event Management workshop in iLQaM ,UiTM– Malaysia. 22nd May 2013
- Participated in Postgraduate Supervision and Thesis Evaluation workshop in iLQaM, 17th April 2013, UiTM – Malaysia.
- Oral Presentation in 2nd Annual IMMB Postgraduate Colloquium,9-10th January 2013, Sungai Buloh, Faculty of Medicine, UiTM.Malaysia
- Research Colloquium 2012, 2nd &3rd December 2012, Sungai Buloh, Faculty of Medicine, UiTM.Malaysia.
- RT-PCR workshop, 19th-21st November 2012, Monash University, Sunway, Malaysia.
- Participant in a workshop entitled, (Workshop on the exhaust ventilated caging –EVC- system for rodents at laboratory animal care unit) 19th Sep 2011, Sungai Buloh, faculty of Medicine, UiTM.
- Participant in a workshop entitled (Basic Biostatics workshop 2011) in Faculty of Medicine, UiTM.18th -19th Feb 2011.
- Participated in a seminar entitled (Lab Safety Discourse) 10th august 2010, IMMB, Faculty of Medicine, UiTM.
- Participated in a workshop entitled ( Rodent Handling ) 11th-13th May 2010, Pharmacology Toxicology Research Laboratory-Faculty of Pharmacy, UiTM, Puncak Alam, Malaysia.
- Participated in workshop entitled (How to Construct Multiple Choice Questions) 9th April 2010. MeRDU,Faculty of Medicine,UiTM,
- Participated in a workshop entitled (Getting your research Published) 25th March 2010, iPSIS, UiTM- Shah Alam, Malaysia.
- Participated in workshop entitled (How to be an Effective Mentor- Hands-on Training Workshop)- 19th Feb 2010, MeRDU-Faculty of Medicine, UiTM.
- Participated in Advanced Facilitation Skill in Problem-Based Learning Workshop- 1 August 2008 Faculty of Medicine-UiTM.
- Participated in 3rd Research Workshop entitled (Towards a Research University) 2008, Faculty of Medicine-UiTM.
- Participated in Basic Teaching & Learning Course workshop -iLQaM,2008 UiTM– Malaysia.
- Participated in SPSS for Quantitative Research workshop -iLQaM ,2008 UiTM– Malaysia.
- Participated in Postgraduate Supervision & Thesis Evaluation workshop-iLQaM 2008,UiTM– Malaysia..
- Participated in Endnotes X workshop, 2008 iLQaM ,UiTM– Malaysia.
- Participated in Academic Writing & Publication (Publication in high impact journal) workshop- iLQaM 2008,UiTM- Malaysia.
- Participated in Project & Coursework Supervision(undergraduate) workshop- iLQaM 2008,UiTM–Malaysia.
- Participated in MS WORD (Tips and Technique) workshop - iLQaM 2008,UiTM– Malaysia.
- Participated in Effective Leadership workshop- iLQaM 2008,UiTM- Malaysia.
- Participated in English for Effective Teaching workshop- iLQaM 2008- Malaysia.
- Participated in Academic Writing & Publication workshop, iLQaM 2008,UiTM- Malaysia .
- Participated in Training of Trainers for the ECE Programme workshop. 2008 Faculty of Medicine-UiTM-Malaysia.
- Participated in Basic Statistical Analysis Using SPSS Program workshop - 2007 Faculty of Medicine, UiTM- Malaysia.
- Participated in PBL workshop- 2007 Faculty of Medicine, UiTM-Malaysia.
Dr Hisham volunteers in many activities as summarised in the following:
- 2017 - currently Community petrol Papakura
- 2016 - 2017 Street appeal for MS society Auckland
- 2015 Public seminar about obesty treatment Auckland
- 2014 Public seminar about healthy lifestyle with the community - Kuala Lumpur-Malaysia.
- 2012-2013 Taman Negara Community Service - Malaysia
- 2009-2010 Data collection for Health Screening Program for the Malaysian community sponsored by UN - Malaysia
- 2009-2010 Teaching Arabic language for Malaysians
- 2009 Public seminar about swine flu - Syria
- 2009-2014 Outpatient clinic for staff and students in Clinical Training Center-UiTM- Malaysia
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Health Assessment
- Physiology of Leptin
- Lung diseases
- Effect of smoking
- Endothylial Dysfunction
Current Research Projects:
- Prevalence and risk factors of lung cancer among Malaysian December 2014 (research article in process of publication)
- Smoking among Malaysian Adolescents-Jan 2015 (on going research)
- Physiology of Leptin - Jun 2016 (research article in process of publication)
Hisham S. Ibrahim
, Gabriele Ruth Anisah Froemming, Effat Omar, and Harbindar Jeet Singh “ ACE2 activation by xanthenone prevents leptin-induced increases in blood pressure and proteinuria during pregnancy in Sprague-Dawley rats ”. Reproductive Toxicology, 49 (2014), 155-161
Redhwan A Al-Naggar, Muhamed T Osman Mahfoudh Abdulghani, Waqar Al-Kubaisy, Aqil Mohammad Daher, Khairun Nain Bin Nor Aripin, Ali Assabri, Dawood A Al-Hidabi, Mohamed Izham B Mohamed Ibrahim, Ahmed Al-Rofaai, Hisham S Ibrahim
, Hassanain Al-Talib, Alyaa Al-Khateeb, Gamil Qasem Othman, Qaid Ali Abdulaziz, Karuthan Chinna, Yuri V Bobryshev. (The Malaysia DREEM: perceptions of medical students about the learning environment in a medical school in Malaysia).
Advances in Medical Education and Practice Journal, June 2014 Volume 2014:5 Pages 177 - 184
Hisham S. Ibrahim, Gabriele Ruth Anisah Froemming, Effat Omar, and Harbindar Jeet Singh “ Leptin increases blood pressure and markers of endothelial activation during pregnancy in rats”. BioMed Research International Journal. Vol 2013. Article ID 298401, 6 pages.
HJ Singh, Hisham S. Ibrahim
, Gopalo Surgey, Effat Omar, “Effect of melatonin supplementation on pregnancy outcome in Wistar-Kyoto and Sprague-Dawley rats”. Acta Physiologica Sinica. 2013 65 (2): 149-157
Hisham S. Ibrahim
, Ahmad Fadhil Farhan, Hazar Shakir Saleh.“Future of Omega 3 in nutrition”
International Journal of Advanced Sports Sciences Research Vol.1 No.1, June 2013, 65-82
Hazar Shakir Saleh, Ahmad Fadhil Farhan, Hisham S. Ibrahim
. “Impaction of tocotrienol rich fraction palm oil in aging and recreational athletes” International Journal of Advanced Sports Sciences Research Vol.1 No.2, October 2013, 174-180
Aqil M Daher, Hisham S Ibrahim
, Thaaer M Daher, Ali k Anbor” Mental health status of a sample of Iraqi immigrants in Malaysia”. Journal of Advanced Medical Research Vol.2 No.4, December 2012, 144-152
Waqar Alkubaisy, Nik Nairan Abdullah, Hisham S. Ibrahim
, Ghayth Halawani, Shahin Kurdy,”Epidemiological Study on Tobacco Smoking Among University Students in Sysia”. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal (WHO)EMHJ Vol. 18 No. 7 2012
W Al-Kubaisy, NN Abdullah, Hisham S. Ibrahim
, SM Kahn, G Halawany, S Kurdy “Factors Associated with Smoking Behaviour among University Students in Syria”. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences 38, 59-65.2012
Aqil, D., I. Hisham
, D. Thaaer and A. Ali "Health related quality of life among Iraqi immigrants settled in Malaysia." BMC Public Health 11.
Waqar Al-Kubaisy, Nik Nairan Abdullah, Hisham S Ibrahim
, Ghayth Halawany & Shaheen Kurdy (Factors Associated With Smoking Behaviour Among University Students In Syria). Journal Of Asian Behavioural Studies, Volume 1, Number 3, September 2011
Waqar Alkubaisy, Nik Nairan Abdullah, Hisham S. Ibrahim
, Ghayth Halawani, Shahin Kurdy,”Epidemiological Study on Tobacco Smoking Among University Students in Sysia”. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal(WHO). 6 March 2011
Ghalib A Al Sharefi, Hisham Saleh Ibrahim
“The Relation between β Cell Secretary Capacity of the Pancreas and the Nervous System in Diabetic Subjects”. Iraqi Med J 2010 Vol. 56 (1)
PBL Package publication entitled (Metabolic Syndrome) for Endocrine and Metabolism Module-2008.Mohd Iskandar B Nik Jaafar, Rukhsana Hussain Malik, Hisham Saleh Ibrahim
, Damayanthi A/P Durairajanayagam, Kadhim Jawad Obaid. PRISMA-UiTM.
Main conference presentations which I have participated in
- New Zealand Respiratory Conference 2017- 23 and 24 November Auckland
- International Congress on Obesity (ICO 2014) 17-20th March 2014
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Hisham S. Ibrahim, Gabriele Ruth Anisah Froemming, Effat Omar, and Harbindar Jeet Singh. (Ace2 activation prevents leptin induced increases in blood pressure, proteinuria during pregnancy in rats)
- First International Convention for Physical Education and Sports Sciences Research (Invited Speaker) - 1st &2nd July 2013 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Endocrinology Symposium, 4th December 2012, Sungai Buloh, faculty of Medicine, UiTM.Malaysia
- 2nd Annual IMMB Postgraduate Colloquium
Hisham S. Ibrahim, HJ Singh, Froemming GA, Effat Omar - Abstract entitled ( Effect of leptin on s Blood Pressure and Endothelial Marker During Pregnancy in Rats)., 9 - 10th January 2013
Sungai Buloh, Faculty of Medicine, UiTM
- MSPP scientific meeting
Hisham S. Ibrahim, Effat O, Froemming GA, Zanariah A, Farhana K, Singh HJ (The effect of leptin administration during pregnancy on blood pressure in rats). - 18th - 20th May 2012 - Penang
- 1st Annual IMMB postgraduate Colloquium
Hisham S. Ibrahim, Gopalo Surgey, Effat Omar, Mohd Shahizan Jamil, HJ Singh.”Effect of antenatal and post-partum melatonin supplementation on pregnancy outcome and pup growth in Wistar-Kyoto and Sprague-Dawley rats”. /25-26 Nov 2011, Carlton Holiday Hotel, Shah Alam, Malaysia
- 1st Annual IMMB postgraduate Colloquium
Hisham S. Ibrahim, Omar E. Ibrahim, Zanariah A, Siti Sarah Sutra, Brinell C, Gupalo S, Singh HJ “Proteinuria in rats: the potential role of diet”, 2011,25-26 Nov 2011, Carlton Holiday Hotel, Shah Alam, Malaysia
- 14th Malaysian Family Medicine Specialist Scientific Meeting Prevention In Primary Care: Future Challenges
Hisham S. Ibrahim, Ghalib Alsharefy, “Using Of C-Peptide In Early Detection Of Diabetic Nephropathy”, Kota Bharu, kelantan 29 July - 1 August 2010
- 24th Malaysian Society of Pharmacology and Physiology Scientific Meeting
Hisham S. Ibrahim, Ghalib Alsharefy, “Early Detection of Neuropathy in Diabetic Patients” in - 2010
Best oral presentation Award at First International Convention for Physical Education and Sports Sciences Research - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Best oral presentation - AIPC,. Faculty of Medicine UiTM-Malaysia
Appreciation Certificate from Organizing Committee for a 24th Scientific meeting of MSPP - UiTM, Malaysia
Appreciation Certificate from faculty of Medicine, Medical Education Research and Development Unit for contribution to teaching & facilitation of the PBL tutorials - UiTM - Malaysia
Appreciation Certificate from Organizing Committee of Seminar on Recent Advances in Reproduction- UiTM-Malaysia
Appreciation Certificate from faculty of Medicine, Medical Education Research and Development Unit for contribution to teaching & facilitation of the PBL tutorials- UiTM-Malaysia
Appreciation Certificate from Organizing Committee of 2nd Good Clinical Practice Workshop UiTM Malaysia