Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 6273
WT Building, Level 1
1-2 Wakefield Street
Auckland University of Technology
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 92006
PhD Massey University (2011)
MS Massey University (2004)
BA The University of the South Pacific (1999)
IT Operations/Service/Provision Management
Human Computer Interaction
Software Engineering- processes and methodologies (agile software development)
Human-computer interaction- user interface design, usability issues and user involvement in design
ERP systems implementation methods
Refereed Journal Publications
1. Parsons, D., Lal, R. & Lange, M. (2011). Test driven development: advancing knowledge by confirmation. Future Internet 2011, 3.
2. Lal, R. & Overmyer, S. P. (2008). User interface design practice for web in New Zealand. International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology, 2008, 4(3), 267 – 285.
Refereed Conference Publications
3. Parsons, D., Ryu, H., & Lal, R. (2008). Better, Not More Expensive, Faster? The Perceived Effects of Pair Programming in Survey Data. Paper presented at the 19th Australasian Conference on Information Systems, Christchurch, New Zealand.
4. Parsons, D., Lal, R., Lange, M. and Ryu, H. (2007). Software Development Methodologies, Agile Development and Usability Engineering. Paper presented at the 18th Australasian Conference on Information Systems, Toowoomba, Australia
5. Parsons, D., Ryu, H., & Lal, R. (2007). The Impact of Methods and Techniques on Outcomes from Agile Software Development Projects. Paper presented at the IFIP 8.6 Conference on Organisational Dynamics of Technology-Based Innovation: Diversifying the Research Agenda, Manchester, Uk.
6. Parsons, D., & Lal, R. (2006). Hybrid Agile Development and Software Quality. Paper presented at the 14th International Conference on Software Quality Management (SQM), Southampton Solent University, UK.
7. Parsons, D., Ryu, H., Lal, R., and Ford, S. (2005). Paper Prototyping in a Design Framework for Professional Mobile Learning. Paper presented at the 6th Web Conference, Melbourne, Australia
8. Lal, R. & Overmyer, S. P. (2005). User interface design practice for web sites and web-based applications in New Zealand. Paper accepted as a short paper for 4th International Conference on Information Systems Technology and its Applications (ISTA'2005), hosted by Massey University, Palmerston North, 23 - 25 May, 2005.
8. Lal, R. (2005). Understanding the dynamics of agile software development methods. Paper presented at the Doctorial Consortium for Qualitative Research in IT & IT in Qualitative Research Conference,
9. Lal, R. (2005). Understanding the dynamics of agile software development methods. Paper presented at the Doctorial Consortium for ACIS 2005 Conference, Sydney, Australia.
Massey University Scholarship for Master of Science (I year)
Massey University Scholarship for PhD study (3 years)
Agile Alliance Funding for PhD research ($5600)