Phone: 09 921 9999 ext 5962
PhD (Electrical and Electronics Engineering), University of Auckland
Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (First Class Honours), University of Auckland
Precision timed systems
- M. M. Y. Kuo and P.S. Roop, Book chapter titled: “New Design Patterns for Time-Predictable Execution of Function Blocks” in “Distributed Control Applications: Guidelines, Design Patterns, and Application Examples with the IEC 61499”, CRC Press, 2016.
- L. H. Yoong, P. S. Roop, Z. E. Bhatti and M. M. Y. Kuo, “Model-Driven Design Using IEC 61499 A Synchronous Approach for Embedded and Automation Systems”, Springer International Publishing, 2015. (5611 downloads)
- R. Sinha, P. S. Roop, G. Shaw, Z. Salcic and M. M. Y. Kuo, “Hierarchical and Concurrent ECCs for IEC 61499 Function Blocks.” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (TII), Feb, 2016.
- H. A. Pearce, M. M. Y. Kuo, N. Allen, P. S. Roop and A. Malik. “Simulation of Cyber-physical Systems Using IEC61499” Proceedings of the 15th ACM-IEEE International Conference on Formal Methods and Models for System Design 2017.
- H. A. Pearce, M. M. Y. Kuo, P. S. Roop and M. Biglari-Abhari, “RunSync: A Predictable Runtime for Precision Timed Automation Systems.” IEEE 19th International Symposium on Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC), 2016.
- M. Hikmet, M. M. Y. Kuo, P. S. Roop and P. Ranjitkar, "Mixed-Criticality Systems as a Service for Non-critical Tasks," 2016 IEEE 19th International Symposium on Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC), 2016,
- M. M. Y. Kuo, S. Andalam and P. S. Roop, “Precision timed industrial automation systems.”, Proceedings of the 2016 Conference on Design, Automation & Test in Europe, Mar, 2016.
- E. Yip, M. M. Y. Kuo, P. S. Roop and D. Broman, “Relaxing the Synchronous Approach for Mixed-Criticality Systems”, 12th IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS), April, 2014.
- M. M. Y. Kuo, P. S. Roop, S. Andalam and N. Patel, “Precision Timed Embedded Systems Using TickPAD Memory”, Application of Concurrency to System Design (ACSD), July, 2013.
- M. M. Y. Kuo, R. Sinha and P. S. Roop, “Efficient WCRT Analysis of Synchronous Programs using Reachability", Design Automation Conference (DAC), June, 2011.
- M. M. Y. Kuo, L. H. Yoong, S. Andalam and P. S. Roop, “Determining the worst-case reaction time of IEC 61499 function blocks”, 8th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN), July, 2010.