Deputy Head of School - Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Phone: +64 09 921 9428
WZ Building, Level 3
34 St Paul Street
Auckland University of Technology
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 92006
PhD, MS, BS, PGDiPTHE
Memberships and Affiliations:
Senior Member of IEEE
• Voltage Disturbances and Harmonics (Power Quality)
• Power System Analysis
• Sustainable Energy Systems
• Competitive Electric Supply Industry
• Network/Circuit Analysis
• Electric Power and Machines
• Electricity for Modern Society
- Power system control, planning and operation
- Deregulated power market
- Energy management
- Smart Grid, distributed generation and renewable energy
- M. Shafiqur Rahman Tito, T. T. Lie and Timothy Anderson, “Optimization of Wind-PV-Battery Hybrid Energy System Considering Socio-demographic Factors,” Solar Energy, Vol. 136, 2016, pp. 525-532.
- Jianchao Zhang, Boon-Chong Seet and T. T. Lie, “Event-based Resource Management Framework for Distributed Decision-Making in Decentralized Virtual Power Plant,” Energies, Vol. 9, 2016, 595; doi: 10.3390/en9080595.
- Xiuli Liang, T. T. Lie and M. H. Haque, “Modified Filter for Enhancement of Power Quality in Distribution Networks,” Journal of Electrical and Electronic Technology, Vol. 5: 3, 2016; doi:10.4172/2325-9833.1000131.
- R Kulkarni, K Prasad, T.T. Lie, R.A. Badcock, H.J. Sung and C.W. Bumby, “FEM and Performance Analysis of 10kW HTS Generator with Flux Pump excitation,” Proc. IEEE POWERCON 2016, Wollongong, Australia.
- Aasim Ullah, T. T. Lie, K. Gunawardane, and N. K. C. Nair, “Development of Browne’s Arc Model for HTS Applications,” Proc. IEEE POWERCON 2016, Wollongong, Australia.
- Balarabe Nkom, Craig Baguley, Adam Taylor, Boon-Chong Seet and T. T. Lie, “A Unified Approach to Characterizing Medium to Low Voltage Powerline Communication Channels,” Proc. IEEE POWERCON 2016, Wollongong, Australia.
- Miftah Al Karim, Jonathan Currie, and T. T. Lie, “A Distributed Machine Learning Approach for the Secondary Voltage Control of an Islanded Micro-Grid,” Proc. IEEE ISGT ASIA 2016, Melbourne, Australia.
- Junaid A. Qureshi, T. T. Lie and R. Hasan, “LED Lighting as Energy Management Tool through Correlation Analysis of Daily Electricity Demand and Supply Curve,” Proc IEEE ICSET 2016, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Diksha Kaur, T. T. Lie, Nirmal K C Nair and Brice Valles, “An Optimal Reactive Power Dispatch (ORPD) for Voltage Security Using Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) in Graph Theory,” Proc. IEEE ICSET 2016, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Kasun Subasinghage, Kosala Gunawardane, T. T. Lie and Nihal Kularatna, “Design Concepts and Preliminary Implementations of Dual Output Supercapacitor-Assisted Low-Dropout Regulators (DO-SCALDO),” Proc. AUPEC 2016, Brisbane, Australia.
- Kasun Subasinghage, Kosala Gunawardane, T. T. Lie and Nihal Kularatna “Design of an Efficiency Improved Dual-Output DC-DC Converter Utilizing a Supercapacitor Circulation Technique,” Proc. IEEE SPEC 2016, Auckland, New Zealand.
- J.A. Qureshi, T.T. Lie, R. Hasan and T. Mujtaba, “Impact of Efficient DC loads: LED Lighting as Equivalent to Large Power Generation Plant,” Proc. IEEE SPEC 2016, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Joshua Le Mon, Craig Baguley, Gilbert Foo, and T. T. Lie, “A Rotational and Straight-line Drive System for Vehicles Levitated though Superconductor Flux Pinning,” Proc. ASC 2016, Denver, USA.
- M. Pokhrel, T. Anderson, J. Currie, T. T. Lie, “Examining the Thermal Comfort Characteristics of Naturally Ventilated Residential Buildings in New Zealand,” Proceedings of the Asia Pacific Solar Research Conference 2016, Canberra, Australia.
- A. Ahmad, T. Anderson, A. K. Swain, T. T. Lie, and J. Currie, “Residential Household Electrical Appliance Management Using Model Predictive Control of a Grid Connected Photovoltaic-Battery System,” Proceedings of the Asia Pacific Solar Research Conference 2016, Canberra, Australia.