Sangeeta has worked in the education industry across business and design disciplines. Her goal to complete a PhD provided her opportunity to bring all her past teaching experience and education in business, design and information technology together. Her research study covered user centered design in interface design process, bringing innovation using design methods for developing business strategies, developing design methodologies for innovation, designing new digital business models. Her experience includes teaching across various disciplines such as communication Design, Business Design, Creative Technology and entrepreneurship.
- Creativity and innovation
- Design Thinking Process
- User Centered Design
- Creative entrepreneurship
- Connor, A. M., Karmokar, S., & Whittington, C. (2015). From STEM to STEAM: Strategies for Enhancing Engineering & Technology Education. International Journal of Engineering Pedagogy.
- Karmokar, S. (2014). Design Thinking in Business Information System: Using Empathy in Innovation. In Design Thinking in Business Information System: Using Empathy in Innovation.
- Karmokar, S. (2013). Improving the Website Design Process for SMEs: A Design Science Perspective. (Doctoral Thesis).
- Connor, A. M., Karmokar, S., Whittington, C., & Walker, C. (2014). Full STEAM ahead: A manifesto for integrating arts pedagogics in to STEM education. In IEEE International Conference on Teaching, Assessment and Learning in Engineering 2014. Wellington, NZ.
- Karmokar, S., & Shekar, A. (2014). The Application of Design Methods in Projects to Enhance Student Engagement. In Australasian Association for Engineering Education Conference. Wellington, NZ.
- Connor, A. M., Karmokar, S., & Walker, C. (2014). Doing Entrepreneurship: Towards an Entrepreneurial Method for Design and Creative Technologies. In T. T. Jachna, E. McLafferty, & Y. S. Tzvetanova (Eds.), Action!-Doing Design Education. Hong Kong.
- Connor, A. M., Berthelsen, C., Karmokar, S., Marks, S., Kenobi, B., & Walker, C. (2014). An unexpected journey: Experiences of learning through exploration and experimentation.
- Karmokar, S., Tan, F., & Singh, H. (2013). A User-Centred Framework for Website Evaluation. In Conference on Information Resources Management. Natal, Brazil.
- Kaiser, L., Cochrane, T., Spooner, H., Karmokar, S., Austin,, L., Garden, E., . . . Wilczynska, K. (2013). Graphic Design and 21st Century Bookworks: Implementing multimodal strategies to include e-pub and interactive pdf formats to complement traditional book formats. In HERDSA. Auckland University of Technology Auckland, New Zealand.
- Karmokar, S. (2012). Improving the Website Design Process for SMEs: A Design Science Perspective. Journal of the Association for Information Systems.
- Karmokar, S. (2012). Improving the Website Design Process for SMEs: A Design Science Perspective. In M. Veras, & F. Tan (Eds.), International Conference on Information Resources Management. Vienna, Austria.
- Wilczynska, K., & Karmokar, S. (2007). Learning for disable students. In DINZ Conference.
- Wilczynska, K., & Karmokar, S. (2006). Enhanced Learning [Design]. AUT.