Lecturer, Advertising Creativity
Phone: Phone: +64 (0)9 9219999 ext. 7031
Private Bag 92006
- Master of Philosophy (Communication Studies) - Auckland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Graphic Design) - University of Canterbury, NZ
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member of the Design Institute of New Zealand
- Elected Associate of the British Designers and Art Directors Association
Dave Brown lectures in Advertising Creativity at the Auckland University of Technology. After completing a degree in graphic design from the School of Fine Arts in Canterbury he spent over 20 years in the advertising industry as an art director and creative director. He has won several local and international creative awards. Having moved from the advertising industry to AUT, Dave has completed a masters degree in sustainable consumption and is planning a research initiative which is to have a commercial outcome. Dave also has interests in geo-politics, tennis and blues harmonica.
- Sustainable consumption
- Brown, D., Donaldson, B., Parsons, A., Macrae, D., Kelleher, J., Yan, M., Rush, E. (2015). The NOTHING ELSE Brand: A Case Study. Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences, 6, 332-338.
- Brown, D. (2008). George W, the Marlboro Man and the Messiah, chapter in Voters or Consumers: Imagining the Postmodern Electorate, Cambridge Scholarly Press.
- Brown, D. (2008). Dr. Brilliant, and wot’s just round da corner, ProDesign Magazine Apr/May issue.
- Brown, D. (2004). A Free and Frank Xchange, ProDesign Magazine, Dec/Jan issue, pp 49 - 51.
- Brown, D. (2004). A new following for The Church, ProDesign Magazine, Feb/Mar issue, pp 24 – 26.
- JMAD Media, War and Memory Conference, Auckland, 2014
- ANZMAC Sharing the Cup of Knowledge Conference, Adelaide, 2012
- 5th International Conference on Multimodality, Sydney, 2010
- Creative Industries Conference, Auckland 2010
- ANZMAC Sustainable Management and Marketing Conference, Melbourne, 2009
- 2nd New Zealand Discourse Conference, Auckland, 2009
- 4th International Conference on Multimodality, Singapore, 2008
- Political Science Association (UK) Conference, London, 2007
- 1st New Zealand Discourse Conference, Auckland, 2007
- Auckland University International Political Science Conference, Auckland, 2003
- Best Overall Paper Award – ANZMAC 2012
- Finalist – AUTEL Innovation Challenge 2012
- Vice Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching (team) 2009
- Emerging Researcher of the Year – School of Communications Studies 2008
Last updated: 20-Mar-2017 2.13pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.