Post-doctoral Research Fellow
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 – ext: 5583
- PhD Economics, Temple University, 2016
- M.A. Economics, Temple University, 2013
- MSc. Economics, University of Calcutta, 2008
- BSc. Economics, University of Calcutta, 2006
Memberships and Affiliations:
- American Society of Health Economists
- Western Economic Association
- New Zealand Association of Economists
- Applied Econometrics; Health and Labor Economics; Policy Analysis
Current Research Projects:
- “Evaluating the impact of mothers' self-esteem on early childhood home environment: Evidence from the NLSY”, with Tirthatanmoy Das (under review).
- “Impact of maternal smoking during pregnancy on children's body weight: New evidence from longitudinal data”, with Keshar Ghimire & Gail Pacheco (submitted).
- “Understanding the transient population: Insights from linked administrative data”, with Nan Jiang & Gail Pacheco (submitted).
- “Evaluating within-year variation in income inequality measures: Evidence from administrative data”, with Alexander Plum, Gail Pacheco, & Melanie Borah.
- “Analyzing the effects of implementation of Health Care Homes in primary health care”, with Gail Pacheco (commissioned by the Productivity Commission).
Peer reviewed journal
- Dasgupta, K. (2018). “Youth response to state cyberbullying laws”, New Zealand Economic Papers, (forthcoming).
- Dasgupta, K. & Pacheco, G. (2018). “The impact of child welfare legislation on domestic violence-related homicide rates” Health Economics, 27(5), 908-915.
- Dasgupta, K., & Solomon, K. T. (2018). “Family size effects on childhood obesity: Evidence on the quantity-quality trade-off using the NLSY”, Economics & Human Biology, 29, 42-55.
- Dasgupta, K. & Pacheco, G. (2018). “Warrantless arrest laws for domestic violence: How are youth affected?” The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, 18 (1), 1-20.
Peer reviewed report(s)
- Jiang, N, Pacheco, G & Dasgupta, K. (2018). “Residential movement within New Zealand: Quantifying and characterising the transient population”, Commissioned by Superu, available at http://www.superu.govt.nz/sites/default/files/Transient%20population%20report%20FINAL.pdf
- Dasgupta, K. & Pacheco, G. (2018). “Developing indicators of international student wellbeing: A scoping exercise with the IDI”, Commissioned by the Ministry of Education (Confidential report).
- Sin, I., Dasgupta, K, & Pacheco, G. (2018). “Parenthood and labour market outcomes”, Commissioned by the Ministry for Women (forthcoming).
- Research Travel Grants (three), Department of Economics, Temple University, 2015-2016
- Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor, Department of Economics, Temple University, 2016
- University Academic Fellowship, Temple University, Spring 2016
- Summer Research Fellowship, Temple University, Summer 2015
- College of Liberal Arts Graduate Student Travel Award, Temple University, Fall 2015