Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 5032
The School of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Auckland University of TechnologyPrivate Bag 92006, Auckland 1142
I am a lecturer in the School of Computer and Mathematical Science. Prior to joining the school I was a research follow on the Cloud Computing for Large-Scale Complex IT Systems
project in the Department of Computer Science's Enterprise Systems Group
at the University of York. I have held research positions at Aston University, the Espresso Group
at INRIA in Rennes, France and in the Department of Computer Science
at the University of Sheffield. My academic background is in theoretical computer science. I obtained a PhD in Computer Science on The Algebraic Specification of Spatial
Objects with Applications to Constructive Volume Geometry at Swansea University.
My main research interests lie in
- formal methods for the dependability of cloud based IT systems
- formal specification, modelling and verification of large-scale IT systems
- algebraic specifications of cloud-based digital services
- algebraic specifications and computation of continuous data types
Current Research Projects:
- COVE: A COntinuous VErification tool for adaptive services. Project partners: York
- INVEST: An INcremental VErification STrategy software tool for automatic reverification of component-based systems. Project partners: York, Fujitsu Laboratories Limited
- Services2Cloud: A toolkit for Software as a Service providers to plan service deployment on cloud infrastructure and estimate their revenue. Project partners: St. Andrews, York, Swansea
- K. Johnson, Y. Wang, R. Calinescu, I. Sommerville, G. Baxter and J.V. Tucker (2013) — Services2Cloud: A Framework for Revenue Analysis of Software-as-a-Service Provisioning. In: IEEE International Workshop on Economics of Security in the Cloud. To appear.
- R. Calinescu, K. Johnson and Y. Rafiq (2013) — Developing Self-Verifying Service-Based Systems. In: 28th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering. To appear.
- K. Johnson, R. Calinescu and S. Kikuchi (2013) — An Incremental Verification Framework for Component-Based Software Systems. In: 16th International ACM Sigsoft Symposium on Component-Based Software Engineering, 33-42.