International student support

International students at AUT can see our friendly team at the AUT Student Hub for advice on living and studying in New Zealand.

We help international students with:

  • Immigration matters
  • Visas
  • Insurance
  • Accommodation
  • Life in New Zealand
  • Setting up a bank account
  • Talking to faculties


Rohit Hazra (City), Celia Zahra (South), Elberta Chan (City), Kylie Ngaamo (North), Haitham Mazyan (City)

Who we can help

We can help students and parents of students who need a visa and permit to study in New Zealand.

You are NOT defined as an international student if you:

  • Are a New Zealand citizen
  • Are a citizen of the Cook Islands, Niue or Tokelau
  • Hold a New Zealand Resident Visa
  • Hold a New Zealand Permanent Resident visa
  • Are a citizen or permanent resident of Australia
Sheetal Datt
Jeremiah Chia
Mega Dwi Febriyani
Sara Al-Harrasi


iStudents Complaints is an independent dispute resolution scheme established by the New Zealand Government. It helps international students resolve disputes between students and their education provider.

iStudent Complaints website

Contact us

Phone 0800 AUT UNI (0800 288 864)
or 09 921 9779

Monday 8am – 6.15pm (until 5pm in semester break)
Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday 8am-5pm
Thursday 10am-5pm

Contact us online

AUT abides by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students

The Code sets out minimum standards of advice and care that you can expect and provides a procedure that you can follow if you have concerns about the treatment you receive from us or an AUT registered agent.

For further information on the Code of Practice refer to their website.

Code of Practice website