The one-semester Certificate in Business gives you an introduction to the main areas involved in studying business. The certificate consists of the Introductory Business Studies paper, which is worth 60 points. This paper introduces you to a range of business and academic skills, as well as the literacy and numeracy skills you need to study at degree level. After successfully completing the certificate you will be able to apply for the Bachelor of Business.
- Programme Code: AK4740
- Level: 4
- Points: 60
- Duration: 1 semester full-time
- Venue: City Campus and South Campus*
- Applicants for the Certificate in Business are expected to have:
- Completed secondary schooling to year 13 or equivalent
- Applicants with relevant overseas qualifications will be assessed individually
- Applicants for whom English is a second or additional language must have a minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 5.5 overall with no band less than 5. For more details, please refer to English Language Requirements in AUT’s Academic Calendar
- Preference will be given to applicants who have at least 50 NCEA level 3 credits and have met the literacy and numeracy requirements for University Entrance or equivalent.