Enrol to study at International House

You can apply online to study at AUT International House. You can also ask your agent for an enrolment form, or contact us. You can apply for accommodation in the same form.

Apply to study here

You must be 18 years old or over to study at International House.

To apply, you will need to provide a:

  1. Passport-sized photo
  2. Copy of your passport
  3. Copy of insurance policy (unless you want us to arrange insurance for you – you can indicate this in your application form)
  4. Copy of your IELTS/TOEFL/Pearson/or equivalent test results (needed if you are applying for GIE or IELTS Full-time)

How to apply

Make sure you check the course dates and fees for the course you want to study, and read the conditions. Contact us if you have any questions.

You can apply online for your course and accommodation, or print the PDF applications (or ask your agent for the forms).

Apply online

Download enrolment form for International House
Download course conditions for International House

Applying for accommodation

If you need us to organise accommodation for you, fill in the accommodation section of the online application form. Or, you can download the accommodation form and print it. Make sure you read and understand the accommodation conditions.

Download application form for accommodation
Download conditions for AUT apartments and homestay accommodation

Types of accommodation for International House students

Paying your fees

When we get your form, we will send you (or your agent) an offer of place and an invoice for fees. This will tell you how to pay for your course and accommodation.

Student visas

If you are studying here for more than 12 weeks, you need a student visa. Ask your agent for details, or contact the New Zealand Embassy in your country.

If you need a student visa, you should apply for it after you have received an offer of place and paid your full course fees.

NZ Immigration website


You must have medical and travel insurance while you study here. Tick the box in your application form if you want us to arrange Uni-Care insurance for you. We'll add the cost to your invoice.

To arrange insurance yourself, tick the box in the application form and attach a copy of the policy.

Uni-Care website

International House - Auckland

Information for agents

If you want to become an official AUT IH agent, or you are an agent and you need brochures, forms or other materials, contact us.

Email International House

Contact us

Contact us if you need help or have a question:

Phone or email

Phone: +64 9 921 9630
Email: inthouse@aut.ac.nz

Contact us online

Visit us

AUT International House
Level 1, WU Building
AUT City Campus
46 Wakefield Street
Auckland 1010
New Zealand

Google Maps location

Postal address

AUT International House
Private Bag 92006
Auckland 1020
New Zealand

Website search