During Co.Starters@AUT you develop and fine-tune your ideas, critically examine every part of your business idea and determine the next steps, all through real-time feedback from people in the community.
Topics covered in the Co.Starters programme
- Week 1: Knowing yourself - assumptions, working styles, team building, obstacles
- Week 2: Knowing your customer - problem, solution, benefit, competition, advantage, customer
- Week 3: Getting the relationship right - marketing and message; getting, keeping and growing customers
- Week 4: Building the model to scale - starting small, distribution, revenue, typical sale, price
- Week 5: Business structures and legal considerations - registering a business, licenses and permits, IP, hiring
- Week 6: Discovering your bottom line – startup and ongoing needs, fixed and variable costs, break-event point
- Week 7: Accounting for growth - break-even point, sales projections, cash flow, accounting
- Week 8: Planning for the future - raising capital, growth plans, goal setting, pitch prep
- Week 9: Showcase/celebration night - sharing your story and pitching
- Free for students (subject to getting a fully-paid scholarship), material/admin cost of $200 applies if programme is not completed
- $649 – includes course materials, weekly sessions with facilitator and guest speakers, and access to community events, networking opportunities and small business resources.
- $50 deposit - applies toward the course fee and is non-refundable
Alumni may apply to a 30% scholarship discount ($399 instead of $599)
Are you an AUT student or staff member?
Apply for a scholarship or make it part of your professional development allowance – email us at email@example.com
Class meets one evening a week for 3 hours over 9 weeks
AUT City Campus
55 Wellesley St
If that sounds like you, register your interest here.
Last updated: 26-Sep-2017 7.39am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.