South Campus Student Survey: tell us about your experience at AUT’s South Campus
South Campus is an exciting new venture for AUT University. We need your input to ensure this campus reaches its potential.
What is the South Campus Student Survey?
In 2010, when the South Campus welcomed its first students, we conducted a dedicated South Campus Student Survey to help AUT develop this campus thanks to your feedback on the South Campus environment, resources, facilities as well as available support.
In 2012, Strategy & Planning conducted a new South Campus Student Survey, to further monitor and improve the experience of AUT students based at South Campus.
Who will be surveyed?
All AUT students enrolled in at least one paper (excluding thesis or dissertation papers) at South Campus.
What happens to the information you provide?
All feedback was aggregated to make sure individual responses can't be identified. After analysing the information collected by this survey, Strategy & Planning produced a comprehensive report for South Campus directors and AUT senior management.
Key results about South Campus and AUT’s responses
In the 2012 South Campus Student Survey, students indicated high satisfaction with a number of key aspects of student life at South Campus, including:
- The majority (76%) of students indicated that they were confident they would succeed in their studies.
- 92% of students indicated that they were satisfied with the presentation of the campus.
- Most students (81%) reported that they had access to sufficient services on the South Campus to succeed in their papers.
- Four out of five (80%) of students were satisfied with the student spaces on campus.
Students also raised a number of valid concerns and/or requests in their responses to the South survey:
- Almost one-fourth of students (23%) indicated they were unaware of the student advisor services at South Campus.
- Despite recent increases to library resources in response to the previous South Survey findings (see table below), students continued to request additional library resources and study spaces at South Campus.
- One-third (33%) of students requested more food outlets at South Campus.
Response to previous South Campus survey:
||South Campus response(s)
|Insufficient library collection on South Campus
- Library resources have been considerably increased since the survey was taken and we are adding new items all the time.
- The library subscribes to over 200 databases containing journal articles, statistics, scientific and legal data and much more.
- More books are becoming available as e-books
- The Library on South Campus works closely with faculty staff to ensure that key texts for the courses taught at the South Campus are available.
- Don’t forget the inter-campus request system: Students can borrow items from the other campus libraries via the inter-campus request system. A book requested from City or North Shore Library before the close of the library one day will be delivered to Manukau by midday the following day on week days. Click here for information about interlibrary loans.
- In line with the other campus libraries, the high demand books are now separated out and can be borrowed for two hours while the rest of the collection can be borrowed for longer periods.
- If you wish to see a particular book held in the Manukau collection, you are welcome to speak to your lecturer, the Liaison Librarian for the subject area or the South Campus Library staff.
Congratulations to the 2012 prize winners
Samuelu Adrienne (iPad 16GB WiFi)
Naite Faitala-Marinner ($100 Westfield voucher)
Nguyen Vung ($100 Westfield voucher)
More informationGo to our FAQs section to find out more about how we ensure your confidentiality and use the survey results.
Last updated: 14-Feb-2014 6.37pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.