Working while you study (international students)

As an international student at AUT you may be able to work while you are studying. Check your visa – it will show if and when you are allowed to work while you are studying in New Zealand. If you work when you’re not allowed to, you’ll be in breach of your visa condition and may have to leave New Zealand.

Working in New Zealand

Helping you find a job while you study at AUT

AUT Employability and Careers service

Useful websites for international students

Jobs you can't do

International students can't:

  • Be self-employed - you must work as an employee with an employment agreement; not as an independent contractor
  • Provide commercial sexual services - please contact us if you have any questions about this

Contact the AUT Student Hub