Justice of the Peace
Using a Justice of the Peace is a free service. This page has information about how a Justice of the Peace (JP) can help AUT students, the Justice of the Peace service on the AUT North Campus and where to find a JP off campus.
How can a Justice of the Peace (JP) help you?
- Witness your signature on a document
- Certify copies of documents, including cellphone texts and computer displayed results
- Complete a declaration, including some immigration forms, citizenship applications and 18+ card applications
- Complete a statutory declaration
- Administer an affidavit
- Complete some government department forms (including health, education and immigration)
Some tips for using a Justice of the Peace
- Do not sign your documents before meeting with the JP as completing your signature needs to be witnessed
- Some JPs can also be contacted at their home
Where to find a Justice of the Peace
On campus (North Campus only):North Campus
AS Level 2 Student Hub
Tuesdays (during semester, 2017)
- 25 July
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 August
- 5, 12, 19 September
- 10, 17, 24, 31 October
- 7 November
To find a Justice of the Peace near you, please go to www.jpfed.org.nz. You can search by suburb, postcode or language skill.
Last updated: 24-Jul-2017 11.53am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.