The following information is collected by Auckland University of Technology (“the University”) when you visit our websites:
- Your browser's internet address.
- Your server's address.
- Your domain name.
- Your IP address.
- The date and time of your visit to the site.
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded.
- Email clicks
- Video engagement
- The previous site visited.
- The type of browser you are using, and device.
- The username entered if accessing a restricted site.
This information is collected for the following purposes:
- The University uses this information to: aggregate website statistics for known and unknown users and measure traffic patterns to, from, and within this site; help us to better understand our website audience; improve our services to students, and; for targeted marketing and student recruitment purposes. We also select certain known users for the purposes of communication.
- Targeting the University’s advertising using Google Remarketing and Facebook Remarketing (remarketing is a way for us to connect with visitors, based on their past interactions with the University’s website/s).
- Statistical purposes and system administration tasks.
As a result of the University’s use of remarketing (on social media platforms), third party vendors (which include Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram) may use “cookies” to show you ads related to the University as you visit third party sites across the internet.
A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from our web server and stored on your computer hard drive. The text file is sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies help us to provide the user with a customised experience without their having to remind us of their preferences each time they return to our web pages. Cookies cannot damage files, nor can they read information from the hard drive of a computer. It is possible to disable the acceptance of cookies by your web browser. However, doing so may restrict your ability to access some web pages.
How do we protect your information?
We have implemented a variety of security measures to maintain your personal information privacy and at no time is your information held or processed insecurely.
Occasionally we will need to include a third-party service provider to help us support the needs of our many prospective students and current students. These third-party companies are all approved suppliers with AUT and have complied with our security and confidentiality policies. These agents and service providers will be used at our discretion and we have done everything we can to ensure your privacy and the confidentiality of your information.
What rights do you have?
You can unsubscribe ('opt out') from any of our communications to you, at any time; all our communications to you will have an unsubscribe feature.
You have a right to access personal information that the University holds about you, subject to any exceptions in the Privacy Act 1993.