A leader is someone who motivates and inspires people and encourages them towards a common goal. Good leaders are like gold to organisations so it is very important to challenge yourself or develop leadership skills as a student.
Attend 1 leadership presentation
To kick off this section of the AUT Edge Award you need to attend a presentation of your choice from a range of speakers. These presentations are offered throughout the year and run on all AUT campuses.
Take action: complete 18 hours in a role of responsibility
Your 18 hours in a role of responsibility can be selected from a huge range of activities on and off campus. These might include:
- Roles as president or secretary with one of our many AUT clubs including AUTSA
- Becoming a sports team captain or vice-captain
- Mentoring (unpaid)*
- Becoming a student ambassador
- Getting a qualification like coaching, first aid or a lifeguard award
- Take part in a volunteering abroad project with a registered charity
* AUT peer mentors are paid so cannot be included for leadership/challenge
The list is virtually endless. To make an appointment and find out more register below.