Certificate in Language Teaching to Adults: specialisation in teaching ESOL or international languages
This short course qualification in language teacher education aims to provide an introduction to the theory and practice of language teaching to adults.
Students will develop their reflective, problem-solving skills, which will enable them to continue their growth as professionals.
Application closing date: open until full (We will consider late applications if there are places available)
Interviews held: April/May
Notification of acceptance: April/June
- Application for Enrollment form (only if you haven't previously enrolled at AUT)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Addendum: Student Profile form (2 pages/40kb)
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Cultural experience (contact with another culture).
- Second language learning background.
- Teaching experience/potential ability.
- Successful tertiary/secondary study.
- Academic IELTS requirements for non native speakers:
- 6.5 overall with 7 in speaking and writing (for those wishing to teach English).
- 6.0 overall with 6 in writing (for those wishing to teach an international language).
Applicants lacking any of the above may be advised to continue with further professional development by taking other AUT University languages programmes concurrently.
Short-listed applicants will be selected for an individual interview.
Outline and content
|Award type||Programme code||Programme name||Start time||Method of study|
|Short Course Certificate||AK3722||Certificate in Language Teaching to Adults (CLTA) specialisation in Teaching ESOL or International Languages
The CLTA comprises the following 2 papers which are studied concurrently.
|LNGT601||Methodology of Language Teaching
Approximately 450 hours of student study time is required over one semester:
|One semester: July - Nov||LNGT601/02
with some sessions running 9am-1pm
Participants must be available for a further minimum of 3 hours per week for 8 weeks, Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm, for mentoring sessions.
- Contact the school of Language and Culture to enquire about fees for this course.
Last updated: 17-Mar-2016 1.17pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.