Training for: The Licence Controller's Qualification and General Manager's Certificate
Course fee: $300
- $241: RGA fee
- $59: student resource pack from ServiceIQ (This includes the $20 cost of the LCQ Certificate).
- Payment may be made on Campus or by Fees Invoice. If your employer is paying your fees please provide written confirmation or a Purchase Order, with the employer's billing and contact person details. (Enrolment is not complete until payment of fees.)
All Licensed establishments require a holder of a General Manager's Certificate to be on duty when liquor is being sold or supplied. This certificate entitles the holder to manage the space that is licensed, and perform the role of responsible host. To be the holder of a General Manager's Certificate — you must first obtain the Licence Controller Qualification (LCQ). This course offers LCQ training — Unit Standards 4646 and 16705 — and the required examination.
The cost of your LCQ is included in the fees. The steps to obtaining your Manager's Certificate are:
- Attend and complete an approved course of study and pass the (open book) assessment for the Unit Standards 4646 and 16705 with 100% accuracy.
- We will arrange with ServiceIQ for your LCQ Certificate to be mailed to you, once they have verified your qualification.
- Apply for your Manager's Certificate to your local District Licensing Committee (DLC), located at your local Council, providing a copy of your LCQ Certificate and all other required documents.
- 4646 V8 — Demonstrate knowledge of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and its implications for licensed premises.
- 16705 V5 — Demonstrate knowledge of host responsibility requirements as a duty manager of licensed premises.
How to apply
a) If you have NOT been a student at AUT previously you must provide:
- A verified copy of your passport or birth certificate. A Driver's License is not acceptable proof of identity. (N.B. student hub staff are able to provide document verification.)
- Completed Short Course Application Form
b) International status applicants (Student, Work or Visitor visa) must provide (student hub staff are able to provide document verification):
- A verified copy of your passport.
- A verified copy of a valid visa.
- Proof of medical or travel insurance covering the period of the course. (N.B. AUT StudentSafe Insurance is available at a cost of $50.)
- Completed Short Course Application Form
c) If you are or have been a student at AUT, contact one of AUT's student hubs to be enrolled and pay the course fee.
Documents are to be mailed, or handed in at an AUT student hub:
University Admissions Office
Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
Private Bag 92006
AUT Student Hubs, Ph: (09) 921 9779 / 0800 288 864 or visit one of the following locations:
- City Campus: WA building, Level 2, Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
- North Shore Campus: AG building, Level 1, Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm
- South Campus: MB building, Ground Level, Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm.
|Trish Marsters, School of Hospitality and Tourism
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 6225
room: WH428C, WH Building
|School of Hospitality and Tourism, (room to be advised), AUT City Campus, Auckland.|
|Apply on||Please visit one of AUT's student hubs, with your passport or birth certificate (or a verified copy of your passport or birth certificate), or post a verified copy to the University Admissions Office (address above).|
|Course Contact||Trish Marsters
+64 9 921 9999 ext 6225
|Venue||School of Hospitality and Tourism, Room WH307, third floor WH Building
AUT City Campus, Auckland City.
|Paper codes||Programme code||Dates for 2016||Days||Time(s)||Status|
|210016/01||COM210||12 and 19 March||Saturday||9am-1pm||OPEN|
|210016/02||COM210||30 April and 7 May||Saturday||9am-1pm||OPEN|
|210016/03||COM210||16 and 23 May||Monday||4pm-8pm||OPEN|
|210016/04||COM210||23 and 30 July||Saturday||9am-1pm||OPEN|
|210016/05||COM210||15 and 22 August||Monday||4pm-8pm||OPEN|
|210016/06||COM210||24 September and 1 October||Saturday||9am-1pm||OPEN|
|210016/07||COM210||28 November and 5 December||Monday||4pm-8pm||OPEN|
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is correct, however, course dates, fees and conditions may change and courses may be cancelled. The latest information can be obtained from the AUT Information Centre.
Last updated: 18-Dec-2015 2.15pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.