Training for: The Licence Controller's Qualification and General Manager's Certificate
Course fee: $270.00
- $230.00: RGA fee
- $40.00: student resource pack from ServiceIQ LCQ (This includes the $20 cost of the LCQ Certificate).
All Licensed establishments require a holder of a General Manager's Certificate to be on duty when liquor is being sold or supplied. This certificate entitles the holder to manage the space that is licensed, and perform the role of responsible host.
To be the holder of a General Manager's Certificate — you must first obtain the Licence Controller Qualification (LCQ). AUT offers LCQ training — Unit Standards 4646 and 16705, and the required examination.
The cost of your LCQ is included in the fees, and we will manage the process for you.
The steps to obtaining your Manager's Certificate are detailed below:
- Attend and complete an approved course of study in unit standards 4646 and 16705, and pass the (open book) assessment for the Unit Standards with 100% accuracy.
- We will arrange with ServiceIQ for your LCQ Certificate to be mailed, once they have verified your qualification.
- Apply for your Manager's Certificate to your local DLC (located at your local Council), including a copy of your LCQ and all other required documents.
- 4646 V8 — Demonstrate knowledge of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and its implications for licensed premises.
- 16705 V5 — Demonstrate knowledge of host responsibility requirements as a duty manager of licensed premises.
|Apply on||Please visit Student Centre, WA Building Monday-Friday 8am-5pm with your passport or a certified copy of your passport for enrolment.|
|Course Contact||Trish Marsters
+64 9 921 9999 ext 6225
|Venue||School of Hospitality and Tourism, Room WH307, third floor WH Building
AUT City Campus, Auckland City.
|Paper codes||Programme code||Dates for 2015||Days||Time(s)||Status|
|210016/01||COM210||14 and 21 March||Saturday||9am-1pm||OPEN
|210016/02||COM210||2 and 9 May||Saturday
|210016/03||COM210||18 and 25 May||Monday||4pm-8pm||OPEN|
|210016/04||COM210||25 July and 1 August||Saturday||9am-1pm||OPEN|
|210016/05||COM210||17 and 24 August||Monday||4pm-8pm||OPEN|
|210016/06||COM210||26 September and 3 October||Saturday||9am-1pm||OPEN|
|210016/07||COM210||7 and 14 November||Monday||9am-1pm||OPEN|
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is correct, however, course dates, fees and conditions may change and courses may be cancelled. The latest information can be obtained from the AUT Information Centre.
Last updated: 06-Mar-2015 9.07am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.