Training for: The Licence Controller's Qualification and General Manager's Certificate
Course fee: $270
- $230: RGA fee
- $40: student resource pack from ServiceIQ (This includes the $20 cost of the LCQ Certificate).
- Payment may be made on Campus or by Fees Invoice. If your employer is paying your fees please provide written confirmation or a Purchase Order, with the employer's billing and contact person details. (Enrolment is not complete until payment of fees.)
All Licensed establishments require a holder of a General Manager's Certificate to be on duty when liquor is being sold or supplied. This certificate entitles the holder to manage the space that is licensed, and perform the role of responsible host. To be the holder of a General Manager's Certificate — you must first obtain the Licence Controller Qualification (LCQ). This course offers LCQ training — Unit Standards 4646 and 16705 — and the required examination.
The cost of your LCQ is included in the fees. The steps to obtaining your Manager's Certificate are:
- Attend and complete an approved course of study and pass the (open book) assessment for the Unit Standards 4646 and 16705 with 100% accuracy.
- We will arrange with ServiceIQ for your LCQ Certificate to be mailed to you, once they have verified your qualification.
- Apply for your Manager's Certificate to your local District Licensing Committee (DLC), located at your local Council, providing a copy of your LCQ Certificate and all other required documents.
- 4646 V8 — Demonstrate knowledge of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and its implications for licensed premises.
- 16705 V5 — Demonstrate knowledge of host responsibility requirements as a duty manager of licensed premises.
How to apply
a) If you have NOT been a student at AUT previously you must provide:
- A verified copy of your passport or birth certificate. A Driver's License is not acceptable proof of identity. (N.B. Student Centre staff are able to provide document verification.)
- Completed Short Course Application Form
b) International status applicants (Student, Work or Visitor visa) must provide (Student Centre staff are able to provide document verification):
- A verified copy of your passport.
- A verified copy of a valid visa.
- Proof of medical or travel insurance covering the period of the course. (N.B. AUT StudentSafe Insurance is available at a cost of $50.)
- Completed Short Course Application Form
c) If you are or have been a student at AUT, contact one of AUT's Student Centres to be enrolled and pay the course fee.
Documents are to be mailed, or handed it at an AUT Student Centre:
University Admissions Office
Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
Private Bag 92006
AUT Student Centres - Ph: (09) 921 9779 / 0800 288 864 or visit one of the following locations:
- City Campus: WA building, Level 2, Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
- North Shore Campus: AG building, Level 1, Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm
- South Campus: MB building, Ground Level, Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm.
|Course Contact||Trish Marsters, School of Hospitality and Tourism
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 6225
room: WH428C, WH Building
|Venue||School of Hospitality and Tourism, (room to be advised), AUT City Campus, Auckland.|
|Paper codes||Programme code||Dates for 2015||Days||Time(s)||Status|
|210016/01||COM210||14 and 21 March||Saturday||9am-1pm||CLOSED|
|210016/02||COM210||2 and 9 May||Saturday||9am-1pm||CLOSED|
|210016/03||COM210||18 and 25 May||Monday||4pm-8pm||CLOSED|
|210016/04||COM210||25 July and 1 August||Saturday||9am-1pm||CLOSED|
|210016/05||COM210||17 and 24 August||Monday||4pm-8pm||CLOSED|
|210016/06||COM210||26 September and 3 October||Saturday||9am-1pm||OPEN|
|210016/07||COM210||30 November and 7 December||Monday||4pm-8pm||OPEN|
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is correct, however, course dates, fees and conditions may change and courses may be cancelled. The latest information can be obtained from the AUT Information Centre.
Last updated: 18-Aug-2015 1.41pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.