Senior Lecturer in Law
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 Ext: 5128
Room WY 510
Level 5, AUT Law School Building
120 Mayoral Drive
Auckland Central 1010
Faculty of Business and Law
Auckland University of Technology
Private Bag 92006
- Master of Arts (Hons) (Auckland)
- Bachelor of Laws (Auckland)
- Diploma in Teaching
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Member of the New Zealand Work and Labour Market Institute
- Secretary, New Zealand Labour Law Society
- Convenor, Employment Law Forum, NZWALMI
Pam has been a law lecturer for almost 20 years, teaching predominantly business law courses in Commercial Law, Company Law, Contract and Tort Law and Finance Law, as well as her specialist area of Employment Law. During this time she has also consulted and provided industry training in a range of legal compliance areas. Her current research interests are focused on Employment Law issues, including the legislative duty of good faith in the employment relationship, but she has also published on corporate governance, security market regulation and the corporatisation and privatisation of public assets.
Pam convenes the Employment Law Forum in the New Zealand Work and Labour Market Institute and has been instrumental in establishing the New Zealand Labour Law Society of which she is currently the Secretary.
- Breen Creighton and Pam Nuttall “Good Faith Bargaining Down Under” (2012) 33) CLLPJ 257.Also found at<http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1969635>
- Pam Nuttall “Collective Bargaining and Good Faith Obligations in New Zealand” in B Creighton and A Forsyth (eds) Rediscovering Collective Bargaining: Australia's Fair Work Act in International Perspective (Routledge, New York, 2012) 290.
- Pam Nuttall “...Where the Shadows lie”: Confusion, misunderstanding, and misinformation about workplace status” (2011) 36(3) NZJER 73.
- Pam Nuttall “The real nature of the relationship: identifying the employer (paper presented to the 24th Conference of the Association of Industrial Relations Academics of Australia and New Zealand, Sydney, February 2010).
- P Nuttall “Let’s do the time warp again: contractualism and the duty to bargain in good faith” (paper presented to the Global Congress, International Society for Labour and Social Security Law, Sydney Law School, September 2009).
- Pam Nuttall “Reviewing the communication cases: Christchurch City Council revisited” (2008) 33(2) NZJER 44.
- P Nuttall “Outsourcing and legislative protection for vulnerable workers: A NZ example” (paper presented to the International Employment Relations Association 15th Annual Conference, Canterbury, UK, June 2007).
- Pam Nuttall “There and back again: Shaping the employment contract in the Antipodes”, (2007) 13 (1) IERR 43.