Director of Undergraduate Programmes in Law
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 x 5425
Room WY 617
Level 6, AUT Law School Building
120 Mayoral Drive
Auckland Central 1010
Faculty of Business and Law
Auckland University of Technology
Private Bag 92006
- LLB (Hons)
- MComLaw (Hons)
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Law
- Diploma in Accountancy
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Australasian Law Teachers Association
- Academy of Legal Studies in Business
Mike has over twenty years experience in teaching law to both law students and business students. He joined AUT in 2002 after a number of years in the Law School at the University of Greenwich in London where he was at various times the acting Head of School and the Director of the LLM programme. Mike has taught courses in the Law of Contract, Intellectual Property Law, Employment Law and Legal Method and Skills.
While at Greenwich Mike supervised a number of masters dissertations and his current teaching and research interests are in the areas of legal method, contract law, intellectual property and employment law.
Mike completed his undergraduate law degree at Victoria University of Wellington and holds masters degrees from both Victoria University and the University of Auckland. He has also completed post-graduate diplomas in intellectual property and accountancy.
- M French, “The Employment relations Authority: Issues of Jurisdiction and Remedy” (2008) 14 NZBLQ 141-167
- T Hilton and M French, “The link between perceptions of power and client behaviours” (2007) 14 IJLP 97-112