Senior Lecturer in Law
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 Ext: 5128
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhysical Address:
Room WY 510
Level 5, AUT Law School Building
120 Mayoral Drive
Auckland Central 1010
Faculty of Business and Law
Auckland University of Technology
Private Bag 92006
- Master of Arts (Hons) (Auckland)
- Bachelor of Laws (Auckland)
- Diploma in Teaching
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Member of the New Zealand Work Research Institute
- Secretary, New Zealand Labour Law Society
- Convenor, Employment Law Forum, NZWALMI
Pam has been a law lecturer for almost 20 years, teaching predominantly business law courses in Commercial Law, Company Law, Contract and Tort Law and Finance Law, as well as her specialist area of Employment Law. During this time she has also consulted and provided industry training in a range of legal compliance areas. Her current research interests are focused on Employment Law issues, including the legislative duty of good faith in the employment relationship, but she has also published on corporate governance, security market regulation and the corporatisation and privatisation of public assets.
Pam convenes the Employment Law Forum in the New Zealand Work Research Institute and has been instrumental in establishing the New Zealand Labour Law Society of which she is currently the Secretary.
- Employment Law
Chapters in Books
- Nuttall, Pam “Collective Bargaining and Good Faith Obligations in New Zealand” in Creighton, B and Forsyth, A (eds) Rediscovering Collective Bargaining: Australia's Fair Work Act in International Perspective (Routledge, New York, 2012) 290.
- Breen Creighton and Pam Nuttall “Good Faith Bargaining Down Under” (2012) 33 CLLPJ 257. Also found at<http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1969635>
- Pam Nuttall “ ‘...Where the Shadows lie’: Confusion, Misunderstanding, and Misinformation about Workplace Status” (2011) 36 NZJER 73.
- Pam Nuttall “Reviewing the Communication Cases: Christchurch City Council Revisited” (2008) 33 NZJER 44.
- Pam Nuttall “There and Back Again: Shaping the Employment Contract in the Antipodes” (2007) 13 IERR 43.
- Pam Nuttall, “Research Note: The Impact of Good Faith Principles on Communication Issues in Collective Bargaining” (2007) 32 NZJER 87.
- P Nuttall & F Reid “Employee or Independent Contractor? Comments on: Three Foot Six Limited v Bryson (CA 246/03, 12 November 2004)” (2005) 30 NZJER 87.
- Pam Nuttall “Insider Trading in New Zealand: The Fletcher Challenge Report” (2000) 18 CSLJ 521.
- Pam Nuttall “The real nature of the relationship: identifying the employer (paper presented to the 24th Conference of the Association of Industrial Relations Academics of Australia and New Zealand, Sydney, February 2010).
- Pam Nuttall, “Collective Bargaining and Good Faith Obligations in New Zealand”.( Invited paper presented to the Workshop “Collective Bargaining under Australia’s Fair Work Act in International Perspective”, RMIT Graduate School of Law and Business, Melbourne, November 2010).
- P Nuttall “Let’s do the time warp again: contractualism and the duty to bargain in good faith” (paper presented to the Global Congress, International Society for Labour and Social Security Law, Sydney Law School, September 2009).
- Pam Nuttall “Common Law Principles and Antipodean Employment Law” (paper presented to the 22nd Conference of the Association of Industrial Relations Academics of Australia and New Zealand Melbourne, February, 2008).
- P Nuttall “Outsourcing and legislative protection for vulnerable workers: A NZ example” (paper presented to the International Employment Relations Association 15th Annual Conference, Canterbury, UK, June 2007).
- P Nuttall “The Impact of Good Faith Principles on Communication Issues in Collective Bargaining”(paper presented to the Conference of the Association of Industrial Relations Academics of Australia and New Zealand ( AIRAANZ), Auckland, February 2007).
- Pam Nuttall “Investor Protection in New Zealand”(refereed paper presented to the 14th Annual Global Finance Conference, Melbourne, April 2007).
- P Nuttall & F Reid “Protecting vulnerable workers: conflicting priorities of policy and common law” (paper presented to the Australasian Law Teachers Association Conference, Victoria University Law School, Melbourne, Australia 2006).
- P Nuttall & F Reid “Employee or contractor? Bryson In the Supreme Court” (paper presented to the Australasian Law Teachers Association Conference, University of Waikato, Hamilton, July 2005).
- P Nuttall “Insiders vs Outsiders: Investor Protection in New Zealand”. (paper presented to the Conference on Corporate Governance and Ethics: Beyond Contemporary Perspectives, Macquarie Graduate School of Management, Sydney 2004.
- P Nuttall “Public Ownership and the Theory of the Firm? Theoretical Perspectives on the Air New Zealand Debacle” (paper presented to12th Annual Corporate Law Teachers Conference, Melbourne 2002).
- P Nuttall “Insider Trading in New Zealand: Reform Developments” (paper presented to the Australasian Law Teachers Conference, Vanuatu 2001).
Last updated: 14-Feb-2014 9.41pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.