The School of Language and Culture offers PhD candidates the opportunity to work collaboratively with a cohort of staff who are active researchers and practitioners to provide a unique interdisciplinary level of engagement and mentorship in their chosen areas of research study.
For information on applying for the Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Philosophy programmes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (09) 921 9999 extn 8481.
Areas of study
We supervise the following broad themes of study:
- Creative writing
- Intercultural communication
- Discourse analysis
- Language teaching and learning
- Corrective feedback
- Academic literacies
- Refugee and migrant education
- Migrant and refugee identity, policy and settlement
- Policy and media analysis
- Social theory
- Conflict resolution
- Intercultural studies
- Social and cultural anthropology
- Gender, women and sexuality.
Contact us if you would like to study a particular field of interest not listed above within the School of Language and Culture.
Head of the School of Language and Culture
- Dr Sharon Harvey — Associate Dean of the Faculty of Applied Humanities with responsibility for Research and Postgraduate Studies
Community and International Languages focus
- Deborah Corder
Senior Lecturer — Japanese, Associate Head of School, International Languages.
- Ineke Crezee
Senior Lecturer — Community and International Languages.
- Dr Junji Kawai
Lecturer — Community and International Languages.
English and Applied Linguistics focus