The Master of Creative Writing masterclasses are led by tutors James George and Mike Johnson. The masterclasses are part seminar, part workshop and are a crucial experiential part of the programme.
These classes have been carefully designed to work in concert, and each tutor teaches blocks of classes in both semesters, so that there is a developmental follow through for creative writing candidates.
Masterclasses by tutor
Masterclasses by James George:
- 'Show/Don't tell' to get inside the story
- Using Metaphor, Symbolism and Subtext
- Character Development from the inside out
- Point of View and Voice
- Narrative structure and shape
Masterclasses by Mike Johnson:
- Writers and Readers
- Structure and Rhythm
- Narration and Characterisation
- Language, Music and Text