Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Business (BA/BBus)
Final year student, Bachelor of Arts in Chinese Language and Bachelor of Business in International Business.
Make your CV stand out, and develop a sound understanding of both business and culture and society. The Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Business conjoint programme will equip you with skills and knowledge from two complementary disciplines, in as little as four years.
As a graduate of the BA/BBus conjoint programme you will be prepared for a myriad of career opportunities across a number of different industries. You could combine your business degree with a language major, helping prepare you for an international business career; or follow your passion for event management, culinary arts or social sciences, and develop core business skills at the same time.
Programme code: AK3002
Duration: 4 years full-time/ up to 9 years part-time
Venue: City Campus
Start date: 17 July 2017, 26 Feb and 16 July 2018
AUT University encourages early application. This programme will remain open until all places have been filled.
- University Entrance (NCEA, CIE or IB), and:
- NCEA: Level 3 with merit or equivalent.
- Applicants must meet the requirements for entry set by each of the degrees.
From previous tertiary education study
- Where a student is applying on completion of the first year of study in one of the degrees, they must have an average grade of B or better in their first year papers.
- Interview may be required
Please note: Entrance to university does not guarantee admission to a specific programme of study.
Continued enrolment in this conjoint programme
In order to maintain enrolment, conjoint programme students must achieve a minimum of a B grade average (equivalent to a GPA of 5 on the most commonly-used 9-point grading scales) over the previous 120 points worth of study, or else they will revert back to one of the component degrees.
Conjoint study options — majors
In the Bachelor of Arts, you may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Chinese Language
- Chinese Studies
- Conflict Resolution
- Creative Writing
- Culinary Arts
- English and New Media Studies
- Event Management
- International Studies
- Japanese Language
- Japanese Studies
- Māori Development
- New Zealand Sign Language and Deaf Studies
- New Zealand Sign Language - English Interpreting
- Social Sciences
View Bachelor of Arts overview for study options
In the Bachelor of Business, you may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Business Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
- International Business
- Market Insights: Marketing, Advertising, Retailing, Sales*
- Sustainable Enterprise
*Subject to approval
View Bachelor of Business study options
Contact us to find out more about the BA/BBus:
For an application and for enrolment in the BA/BBus conjoint, contact Robyn Bennitt — email@example.com, phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 8480
To find out about student fees for programmes, see the fees information page.
Last updated: 17-May-2017 4.56pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.