Postgraduate Diploma in International Tourism Management
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Tourism Management produces graduates who can plan developments, mitigate negative impacts and understand processes that create value in the marketplace.
- The tourism industry is the world's largest industry and employs more people than any other industry on a global scale. It's a vital source of foreign exchange earnings and job creation. Domestic tourism is also vital to the economy — by some measures it is bigger than international tourism.
- This qualification is for candidates who have staircased through undergraduate tourism qualifications, and who want to study more advanced papers.
- Students who wish to embark on more advanced papers in tourism may choose to enrol directly in the one year postgraduate diploma.
- The postgraduate diploma also caters for those already in the industry who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge base at a more advanced level.
Programme code: AK1283
Duration: 1 year full-time
Venue: City campus
Start date: 20 July 2015 / 29 February 2016 / 18 July 2016
- Guidelines to entry
- Applicants may be required to submit evidence of their ability to study at postgraduate level and/or attend a selection interview.
- One of the following with a B grade average or higher in level 7 papers:
- Bachelor of International Tourism Management
- Graduate Diploma in International Tourism Management
- May be admitted to this degree based on professional qualification or experience approved by the dean (or representative) to be equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
Structure and content
Through a variety of specialised papers, students will enhance their knowledge and perception of tourism as both a discipline and an industry.
Students complete the postgraduate diploma with papers (120 points) from the Master of International Tourism Management.
- Senior management level positions in tourism
Last updated: 09-Jun-2015 1.17pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.