Postgraduate Diploma in International Tourism Management
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Tourism Management produces graduates who can plan developments, mitigate negative impacts and understand processes that create value in the marketplace.
- The tourism industry is the world's largest industry and employs more people than any other industry on a global scale. It's a vital source of foreign exchange earnings and job creation. Domestic tourism is also vital to the economy — by some measures it is bigger than international tourism.
- This qualification is for candidates who have staircased through undergraduate tourism qualifications, and who want to study more advanced papers.
- Students who wish to embark on more advanced papers in tourism may choose to enrol directly in the one year postgraduate diploma.
- The postgraduate diploma also caters for those already in the industry who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge base at a more advanced level.
Programme code: AK1283
Duration: 1 year full-time
Venue: City campus
Start date: 18 July 2016 / 27 February 2017 / 17 July 2017
- Guidelines to entry
- Applicants may be required to submit evidence of their ability to study at postgraduate level and/or attend a selection interview.
- One of the following with a B grade average or higher in level 7 papers:
- Bachelor of International Tourism Management
- Graduate Diploma in International Tourism Management
- May be admitted to this degree based on professional qualification or experience approved by the dean (or representative) to be equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
Structure and content
Through a variety of specialised papers, students will enhance their knowledge and perception of tourism as both a discipline and an industry.
TOUR801 Management and Entrepreneurship in Tourism
TOUR802 Tourism in Coastal and Marine Environments
TOUR803 Tourism in Asia
TOUR804 Tourist Experiences and Consumer Perspectives
TOUR805 The South Pacific and Tourism
TOUR806 Contemporary Topics in Tourism
TOUR807 Special Topic I
TOUR808 Special Topic II
TOUR810 Directed Reading
- Senior management level positions in tourism
To find out about student fees for programmes, see the fees information page.
Last updated: 10-Jun-2016 11.23am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.