The Postgraduate Diploma in International Tourism Management produces graduates who can plan developments, mitigate negative impacts and understand processes that create value in the marketplace.
- The tourism industry is the world's largest industry and employs more people than any other industry on a global scale.
- A vital source of foreign exchange earnings and job creation. Domestic tourism is also vital to the economy — by some measures it is bigger than international tourism.
- This qualification is for candidates who have staircased through undergraduate tourism qualifications, and who want to study more advanced papers.
- Students who wish to embark on more advanced papers in tourism may choose to enrol directly in the one year postgraduate diploma.
- The postgraduate diploma also caters for those already in the industry who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge base at a more advanced level.
Programme code: AK1283
Duration: 1 year full time
Venue: City campus
Starting date: 22 July 2013
- Guidelines to entry
- Applicants may be required to submit evidence of their ability to study at postgraduate level and/or attend a selection interview
Structure and content
Through a variety of specialised papers, students will enhance their knowledge and perception of tourism as both a discipline and an industry.
Students complete the postgraduate diploma with papers (120 points) from the Master of International Tourism Management
- Senior management level positions in tourism