Postgraduate Diploma in International Hospitality Management
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Hospitality Management is designed to meet the increasing demand from hospitality professionals for a postgraduate qualification that has an international focus.
- Students complete papers covering contemporary hospitality issues, including the key areas of strategic management, human resource management and financial management.
- Students who have staircased through undergraduate programmes and who wish to embark on more advanced papers in hospitality management may choose to enrol directly in this one-year postgraduate diploma.
- Also caters for those already in the industry who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge base at a more advanced level.
Programme code: AK3747
Duration: 1 year full-time / up to 3 years part-time
Venue: City Campus
Start date: 20 July 2015 / 29 February 2016 / 18 July 2016
- Guidelines to entry
- Applicants may be required to submit examples of previous academic work and/or to attend a selection interview.
- One of the following or equivalent:
- Bachelor of International Hospitality Management
- Graduate Diploma in International Hospitality Management.
Structure and content
Using a strategic approach, students gain advanced knowledge and skills in the field of international hospitality management.
Using a strategic approach, students will gain advanced knowledge and skills in the field of international hospitality management.
Core papers (at least 90pts from the following papers)
218100 Strategic Hospitality Management: A Global Approach
219100 Human Behaviour in Hospitality Organisations
169008 Critical Thinking, Analysis and Argument: Hospitality
219104 Hospitality Financial Management
219213 Advanced Human Resource Management for Hospitality and Tourism
Electives (up to 30pts from the following papers)
218102 Contemporary Topic: Hospitality Management
219106 Tourism Management and Entrepreneurship
219110 Coastal and Marine Tourism
219112 Asian Tourism
219114 Directed Reading
219118 Consumer Perspectives in Tourism
219119 Research Project Management
219121 Tourism and the South Pacific
219907 Contemporary Issues in Tourism
MGMT801 Introduction to Research Methods
MGMT802 Quantitative Research Methods and Analysis
MGMT803 Qualitative Research Methods and Analysis
OR a paper from any other postgraduate programme with approval from the programme leader.
- Senior level positions in the New Zealand and international hospitality industry
Last updated: 09-Jun-2015 12.57pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.