Postgraduate Diploma in International Hospitality Management
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Hospitality Management is designed to meet the increasing demand from hospitality professionals for a postgraduate qualification that has an international focus.
- Students complete papers covering contemporary hospitality issues, including the key areas of strategic management, human resource management and financial management.
- Students who have staircased through undergraduate programmes and who wish to embark on more advanced papers in hospitality management may choose to enrol directly in this one-year postgraduate diploma.
- Also caters for those already in the industry who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge base at a more advanced level.
Programme code: AK3747
Duration: 1 year full-time / up to 3 years part-time
Venue: City Campus
Start date: 18 July 2016 / 27 February 2017 / 17 July 2017
- Guidelines to entry
- Applicants may be required to submit examples of previous academic work and/or to attend a selection interview.
- One of the following or equivalent:
- Bachelor of International Hospitality Management
- Graduate Diploma in International Hospitality Management.
Structure and content
Using a strategic approach, students gain advanced knowledge and skills in the field of international hospitality management.
Using a strategic approach, students will gain advanced knowledge and skills in the field of international hospitality management.
HOSP801 Contemporary Topic in Hospitality
HOSP802 Financial Management in Hospitality: A Strategic Approach
HOSP803 Hospitality Marketing Research
HOSP804 Power, People and Profit: Contemporary Issues in Hospitality and Tourism Employment
HOSP805 Strategic Management in Hospitality
HOSP806 Human Behaviour in Hospitality Organisations
HOSP807 Leadership and Ethics in Hospitality and Tourism
SOSC880 Qualitative Research Methods and Analysis
SOSC881 Quantitative Research Methods and Analysis
SOSC884 Social Research Design and Analysis
TOUR810 Directed Reading
TOUR811 Applied Research Methods
OR a paper from any other postgraduate programme with approval from the programme leader.
- Senior level positions in the New Zealand and international hospitality industry
Last updated: 04-Mar-2016 1.32pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.