Postgraduate Certificate in International Tourism Management
This qualification is designed to meet the increasing demand from tourism professionals for a postgraduate qualification with an international focus.
- Students who have staircased through undergraduate programmes and who wish to embark on more advanced papers in hospitality management may choose to enrol directly in the half year Postgraduate Certificate.
- The certificate also caters for those already in the industry who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge at a more advanced level.
Programme code: AK1072
Duration: Half-year full-time / up to 2 years part-time
Venue: City Campus
Start date: 26 February 2018 / 16 July 2018
- Senior level positions in the New Zealand and international tourism industry.
- Guidelines to entry
- Applicants may be required to provide evidence of their ability to study at postgraduate level and/or to attend a selection interview.
- One of the following or equivalent with a B average or higher in papers at level 7:
- Bachelor of International Tourism Management
- Graduate Diploma in International Tourism Management.
- May be admitted to this degree based on professional qualification or experience approved by the dean (or representative) to be equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
Structure and content
Using a strategic approach, students gain advanced knowledge and skills in the field of international tourism management.
The programme requires students to gain 60 points from the following papers:
TOUR996 Applied Project in Tourism
TOUR801 Management and Entrepreneurship in Tourism
TOUR802 Tourism in Coastal and Marine Environments
TOUR803 Tourism in Asia
TOUR804 Tourist Experiences and Consumer Perspectives
TOUR805 The South Pacific and Tourism
TOUR806 Contemporary Topics in Tourism
TOUR811 Applied Research Methods
To find out about student fees for programmes, see the fees information page.
Faculty of Culture and Society Masterate Fee Scholarship
These scholarships are part of a group of strategic scholarships for the Faculty of Culture and Society. Read more about Masterate Fee Scholarships
Last updated: 21-Jul-2017 10.23am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.