Postgraduate Certificate in International Hospitality Management
This qualification is designed to meet the increasing demand from hospitality professionals for a postgraduate qualification with an international focus.
- Students who have staircased through undergraduate programmes and who wish to embark on more advanced papers in hospitality management may choose to enrol directly in the half year Postgraduate Certificate.
- The certificate also caters for those already in the industry who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge at a more advanced level.
Programme code: AK3748
Duration: Half-year full-time / up to 2 years part-time
Venue: City Campus
Start date: 17 July 2017 / 26 February 2018 / 16 July 2018
- Senior level positions in the New Zealand and international hospitality industry.
- Guidelines to entry
- Applicants may be required to provide evidence of their ability to study at postgraduate level and/or to attend a selection interview.
- One of the following or equivalent with a B average or higher in papers at level 7:
- Bachelor of International Hospitality Management
- Graduate Diploma in International Hospitality Management.
- May be admitted to this degree based on professional qualification or experience approved by the dean (or representative) to be equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
Structure and content
Using a strategic approach, students gain advanced knowledge and skills in the field of international hospitality management.
COMM800 Critical Thinking, Analysis and Argument: Hospitality
HOSP801 Contemporary Topic in Hospitality
HOSP802 Financial Management in Hospitality: A Strategic Approach
HOSP803 Hospitality Marketing Research
HOSP804 Power, People and Profit: Contemporary Issues in Hospitality and Tourism Employment
HOSP805 Strategic Management in Hospitality
HOSP806 Human Behaviour in Hospitality Organisations
HOSP807 Leadership and Ethics in Hospitality and Tourism
To find out about student fees for programmes, see the fees information page.
Faculty of Culture and Society Masterate Fee Scholarship
These scholarships are part of a group of strategic scholarships for the Faculty of Culture and Society. Read more about Masterate Fee Scholarships
Last updated: 16-May-2017 2.25pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.