Master of International Tourism Management
Tourism is the world's largest industry and employs more people than any other industry on a global scale. The Master of International Tourism Management offers exciting opportunities to actively engage with one of New Zealand's most important growth industries.
- The Master of International Tourism Management aims to produce graduates who can plan developments, mitigate negative impacts and understand processes that create value in the marketplace.
- It is for candidates who have staircased through undergraduate tourism qualifications, and who want to study more advanced papers.
Programme code: AK1057
Duration: 1.5 years full-time / 4 years part-time
Venue: City Campus
Start date: 17 July 2017
- Read the guidelines to entry
- One of the following or equivalent with a B grade average or higher in level 7 papers:
- Bachelor of International Tourism Management
- Graduate Diploma in International Tourism Management
- Applicants may be required to submit examples of previous academic work or to attend a selection interview.
Structure and content
Through a variety of specialised papers, students will enhance their knowledge and perception of tourism as both a discipline and an industry.
Opportunities will be provided that enable students to specialise in developing research expertise in a range of areas including tourism management, sustainability and tourist information.
PapersSOSC880 Qualitative Research Methods and Analysis
SOSC881 Quantitative Research Methods and Analysis
SOSC884 Social Research Design and Analysis
TOUR801 Management and Entrepreneurship in Tourism
TOUR802 Tourism in Coastal and Marine Environments
TOUR803 Tourism in Asia
TOUR804 Tourist Experiences and Consumer Perspectives
TOUR805 The South Pacific and Tourism
TOUR806 Contemporary Topics in Tourism
TOUR807 Special Topic I
TOUR808 Special Topic II
TOUR810 Directed Reading
TOUR811 Applied Research Methods
TOUR996 Applied Project in Tourism
TOUR998 MITM Dissertation
TOUR999 MITM Thesis
- Policy formation
- Senior management positions in tourism.
To find out about student fees for programmes, see the fees information page.
Faculty of Culture and Society Masterate Fee Scholarship
These scholarships are part of a group of strategic scholarships for the Faculty of Culture and Society. Read more about Masterate Fee Scholarships
Last updated: 02-Mar-2017 1.07pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.