Professor Krishnamachar Prasad
Professor - Electric and Electronic Engineering
Phone: +64 (9) 921 9999 ext 6229
WS Building, Level 4
34 St Paul Street
Auckland University of Technology
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 92006
B.E., M. Tech., Ph.D.
Memberships and Affiliations:IEEE, Senior Member
- Solid state sensors for odour, colour and chemical profiling for food and wine industries
- Silicon ICs, III-V HEMTs, HBTs and MMICs – process development, device characterization and reliability studies
- Three dimensional interconnects
- High-temperature superconducting transformer applications
- Surface electromyography
- Night vision systems using infra-red photo detectors
Selected Recent Publications
1. J. Kilby and K. Prasad, A comparison of surface electromyography signals temporal and spectral parameters during a sustained fatigue contraction, Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine, Vol. 6, pp. 1-6, 2014.
2. J. Kilby and K. Prasad, Extracting temporal and spectral parameters from surface electromyography signals during a fatigue transaction, International Journal of Signal Processing Systems, Vol. 1, pp. 278-283, 2013.
3. P. Balasubramanian and K. Prasad, On deducing the clique potential of nanoscale combinational circuits, Current Nanoscience, Vol. 9, pp. 514-520, 2013.
4. M.A. Abdul Rahman, T.T. Lie and K. Prasad, Computation of the thermal effects on HTS transformer windings, IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 22, 5501211 (11 pages), 2012.
5. R. Kulkarni, K. Prasad, R.A. Badcock, T.T. Lie, and C.W. Bumby, Flux pump excitation of HTS Synchronous generator, 5th International Conference on Superconductivity and Magnetism (ICSM 2016), Fethiye, Turkey, April 24-30 2016.
6. E. Bassey, P. Sallis and K. Prasad, Analysis of Methanol Sensitivity on SnO2-ZnO Nanocomposite, 2016 Annual Meeting and Exhibition of The Mineral, Metal and Materials Society (TMS2016), Nashville, USA, Feb 14-18 2016.
7. Ravichandra, K. Prasad and T.T.Lie, Flux pump for superconductivity applications, Powertech Eindhoven 2015, Eindhoven, Netherlands, June 29 – July 2 2015.
8. K. Prasad, E. Bassey and P. Sallis, Electronic nose for gas sensing applications, 2014 Conference on Optoelectronic and Microelectronic Materials and Devices (COMMAD), Perth, Australia, December 15-17 2014.
Last updated: 24-Feb-2016 1.34pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.