Professor Krishnamachar Prasad
Phone: +64 (9) 921 9999 ext 6229
B.E., M. Tech., Ph.D.
Memberships and Affiliations:IEEE, Senior Member
- Solid state sensors for odour, colour and chemical profiling for food and wine industries
- Silicon ICs, III-V HEMTs, HBTs and MMICs – process development, device characterization and reliability studies
- Three dimensional interconnects
- High-temperature superconducting transformer applications
- Surface electromyography
- Night vision systems using infra-red photo detectors
Selected Recent Publications
- J. Kilby and K. Prasad, Continuous wavelet analysis and classification of surface electromyography signals, International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 5, pp. 30- 35, 2013.
- M.A. Abdul Rahman, T.T. Lie and K. Prasad, The effects of short-circuit and inrush currents on HTS transformer windings, IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 22, 5500108 (8 pages), 2012.
- J. Mohanraj, P. Balasubramanian and K. Prasad, Power, delay and area-optimized 8-bit CMOS priority encoder for embedded applications, ESA’12 – The 2012 World Congress on Embedded Systems and Applications, Las Vegas, USA, July 16-19 2012.
- E.E. Bassey, P. Sallis and K. Prasad, Design of a chemical sensor for phenol characterisation in environmental systems, Nanoscale Materials and Devices for Energy Conversion, Storage and Biosensors (Nanoenergy 11), Natal, Brazil, April 3-6 2011.
- N. Ranganathan, D.Y. Lee, L. Youhe, G.Q. Lo, K. Prasad and K.L. Pey, Influence of Bosch etch process on electrical isolation of TSV structures, IEEE Transaction on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 1, 1497-1506, 2011.
- N. Ranganathan, A. Malar, D.Y. Lee, K. Prasad and K.L. Pey, Development and characterization of tapered silicon etch process by topography modelling, Journal of Microelectronics and Electronic Packaging, Vol. 7, 58-66, 2010.
- P. Balasubramanian, K. Prasad, and N.E. Mastorakis, A Standard Cell Based Synchronous Dual-Bit Adder with Embedded Carry Look-ahead, WSEAS (World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society) Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Vol. 9, 735-734, 2010.
Last updated: 19-Aug-2014 3.48pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.