Dr Ramon Zamora
Lecturer - Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department
Phone: +64-9-921-9999 ext 5635
WU Building, Room 309
46 Wakefield Street
Auckland University of Technology
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 92006
- 2015 PhD in Electrical Engineering, Washington State University, Pullman WA, USA
- 2008 MS in Electrical Engineering, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville AR, USA
- 1998 B.Eng. in Electrical Engineering, Bandung Institute of Technology, Bandung, Indonesia
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Power Quality, Power System Analysis, Renewable and Sustainable Energy
- Power system modeling, simulation and control; Power system management and controls; Power electronic applications for power systems; Grid integration of renewable energy and energy storage; Microgrid and smart grid; Distributed controls for power system applications.
Interested candidate to pursue PhD should email his/her complete CV to email@example.com. The main concern in selecting PhD student is publication record.
Current Research Projects:
- "Technology Adoption Model for Photovoltaic Technology in Uganda" by Nicholas Mukisa. PhD Thesis, AUT. NZAid Scholarship. From Feb. 2018.
- "Stochastic Models for Future Smart Electricity Transmission Grids" by Peter Makolo. PhD Thesis, AUT. NZAid Scholarship. From Feb. 2018.
- "Adaptive predictive control approach for optimal smart-microgrid" by Xin Lin. PhD Thesis, AUT. AUT Vice Chancellor's Scholarship. From Mar. 2018.
- "Electrical performance of a directly coupled PV-alkaline electrolyser system at Low voltage level" by David Martinez. ME Project, AUT. Expected completion: November 2018.
- "Technical and Economic Analysis of Hybrid Renewable Energy Integration in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia" by Abdulrahim Alghamdi. ME Thesis, AUT. Expected completion: June 2018.
- "Electrification of Remote Area in Brazil by using Solar Energy" by Carlos Henrique Marciano Rodrigues Castro. ME Project, AUT. Expected completion: June 2018.
- "Voltage Flicker Mitigation using VSC-based Statcom" by Digbijoy Sarker. ME Project, AUT. Completed: November 2017.
- "Improving Microgrid Resiliency through Integrated MATLAB and PowerFactory Reconfiguration Simulation" by Kenneth Atendido. ME Project, AUT. Completed: November 2017.
- "Optimization Power system in Vava'u Island" by Mingu Kang. ME Project, AUT. Completed: November 2017.
- “Improved Droop Control based on Virtual Impedance in Microgrid” by Xin Lin. ME Project, AUT. Completed: June 2017.
- “Microgrid Reconfiguration Based on Topological Method for Improving Grid Resiliency” by Gangqiang Liang. ME Project, AUT. Completed: June 2017.
- “Improving energy performance for electric vehicle by increasing power density of energy storage system” by Lingchao Fang. ME Project, AUT. Completed: June 2017.
- D. Martinez and R. Zamora, "MATLAB Simscape Model of An Alkaline Electrolyser and Its Simulation with A Directly Coupled PV Module," International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, Jan. 2017 (Accepted).
- R. Zamora and A. K. Srivastava, “Multi-Layer Architecture for Voltage and Frequency Control in Networked Microgrids,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. PP, issue 99, Jun. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2016.2606460
- F. Shariatzadeh, C. B. Vellaithurai, S. S. Biswas, R. Zamora, and Anurag K. Srivastava, "Real-Time Implementation of Intelligent Reconfiguration Algorithm for Microgrid," IEEE Trans. Sustainable Energy, vol. PP, pp. 598-607, Jan. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSTE.2013.2289864
- R. Zamora, and A. K. Srivastava, “Controls for Microgrids with Storage: Review, Challenges, and Research Needs,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 14, Issue 7, pp. 2009-2018, Sept. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2010.03.019
- A. K. Srivastava, R. Zamora, N. N. Schulz, K. G. Ravikumar, and V. M. Mohan, Real Time Modeling and Control of Smart Grid Systems, an edited book chapter, Springer, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-22904-6_1
- K. M. C. Atendido and R. Zamora, "Reconfiguration and Load Shedding for Resilient and Reliable Multiple Microgrids," Presented in ISGT-Asia 2017, Auckland, Dec. 4-7, 2017.
- F. Ibarra Hernandez, C. A. Canesin, A. Srivastava, R. Zamora, “Active Power Management in Multiple Microgrids Using a Multi-Agent System with JADE,” IEEE INDUSCON 2014, Juiz de Fora, Brazil, Dec. 7-10, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/INDUSCON.2014.7059471
- S. Ziainejad, Y. Sangsefidi, R. Zamora, A. Mehrizi-Sani, and A. K. Srivastava, “Design of a fuel cell-based battery extender auxiliary power unit for a vehicular microgrid,” 40th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2014, Dallas, TX, Oct. 29-Nov. 1 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/IECON.2014.7049091
- R. Zamora, and A.K Srivastava, “Energy Management and Control of Microgrids with Renewable Energy and Storage Applications,” 2014 International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, Istanbul, Turkey, Jun. 1-4, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISIE.2014.6864889
- F. Ibarra Hernandez, C. A. Canesin, R. Zamora, F. Martina, and A. K. Srivastava, "Energy management and control for islanded microgrid using multi-agents," presented at 2013 North American Power Symposium (NAPS), Manhattan, KS, Sept. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/NAPS.2013.6666963
- F. Shariatzadeh, R. Zamora, and A. K. Srivastava, “Real Time Implementation of Microgrid Reconfiguration,” presented at 2011 North American Power Symposium (NAPS), Boston, MA, Aug. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/NAPS.2011.6025181
- A. K. Srivastava, R. Zamora, and D. Bowman, “Impact of Distributed Generation with Storage on Electric Grid Stability,” Invited panel paper, IEEE PES General Meeting, Detroit, MI, Jul. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/PES.2011.6038923
Last updated: 12-Feb-2018 8.15am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.